10:15 saturday night thread

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,517
edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
well, not yet, but it's got saturday in the title

morning bbers, some low cloud here but hoping it burns off soon, can see blue in the distance, almost time for a ride

the washing line blew down in the night, dragged the plug out of the wall, wondering shall i fix it now or later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I'm sitting in the kitchen sink

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Watching the rain teeming down outside and thinking it's not a good morning for a bike ride or cutting the lawn or putting the bunnies outside in the run. So another cup of tea and toast and looking through the TV schedules..
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Raining. No ride, no running. May head out later but at the mo' finishing espresso and getting sprogs ready to head out.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Been baking since 7, 2 carrot cakes done, just on victoria sponge and have Eton mess scones to do
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    joys of kids swimming lessons, followed by beer at a local music festival (rock & bowl) - the weather isn't going to muck up my w.end - obviously going to try though
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Chucking it down here.

Off to Cardiff for the Heineken Cup Final this afternoon. C'mon Sarries!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I've taken the children swimming and been and got some new running shoes 8)

Chilling at home for a bit and then need to help my daughter have a snail race for her homework :D

Rock and roll me :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Up in the very grey North East with the parentals helping out and doing a few jobs. Will be watching the premier league play off and the CL final. The new bike is boxed up again after a lot of faffing and swearing - having read the assembly instruction I think I'll have to put it together with the help of a mate who knows one end of a spanner from the other :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    You've got more restraint than me Stevo, I can't resist a fiddle. Or attempting to put a new bike together.
    Just pottering about today, just the way I like it.
  • Stevo_666
    V, that's because you would have a reasonable chance of putting it together right, not killing yourself on the inaugural run and giving Pinno a good laugh :) My lack of mechanical prowess is shocking.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Rubbish weather under the Pennines, just made an Oreo cheesecake and gonna fit a chainring.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • simonhead
    Cakes made, big pot of coffee on the table, cats asleep on my lap, just about to hit play on the DVD player and watch blazing saddles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    simonhead wrote:
    Cakes made, big pot of coffee on the table, cats asleep on my lap, just about to hit play on the DVD player and watch blazing saddles
    Stop baking you big girl.

And send me some carrot cake, I like it moist, ta :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • simonhead
    seanoconn wrote:
    simonhead wrote:
    Stop baking you big girl.

And send me some carrot cake, I like it moist, ta :D

The wife volunteered to make cakes for a christening tomorrow but realised she is working today so muffins has done it. Carrot cake is ok, I would have loaded it with walnuts and sultanas but was told not too. It is moist though.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Haha snap, that's what my cheesecake is for!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    I like a nice moist slice.
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    SecretSam wrote:

Drip drip drip drip...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    V, that's because you would have a reasonable chance of putting it together right, not killing yourself on the inaugural run and giving Pinno a good laugh :) My lack of mechanical prowess is shocking.
    At least you know it. Amazing how many people think they can fix something then make a royal phuckup of things. I need to fit the hydraulic discs to the CX but need to order some bits to go with it first.
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    jezzpalmer wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Drip drip drip drip...

Waiting for the telephone to ring....
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    It's been a 50/50 day, just back home from riding the Camel Trail, popped in to the Camel Valley Vineyard for a swift one, then got booted out of the b&b after being locked out and the wife tried to get in through a window.

All in all, could have been worse! :lol:
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Up early, took kids swimming, nice lunch out, looked at a new TT frame in a new bike shop. Decided I will probably buy it at the end of the month. Now in work on a 12hr night shift. Will be like a zombie by 8am tomorrow.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Up early, took kids swimming, nice lunch out, looked at a new TT frame in a new bike shop. Decided I will probably buy it at the end of the month. Now in work on a 12hr night shift. Will be like a zombie by 8am tomorrow.

I thought you'd just built a TT bike up, are you a compulsive buyer when you see something :)
  • simonhead
    Curry with friends, very odd live music (pianist / violin) playing classical music interspersed with tv theme tunes. Gonna be lifting the sheets.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    2:56am. Just finished a feed.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • napoleond
    What did you have?
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • MattC59
    NapoleonD wrote:
    What did you have?

A bouncing baby boy :D

TDF baby grow to be ordered shortly !
  • napoleond
    Roger! :lol:

I meant to eat!

Congratulations :D
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • MattC59
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Roger! :lol:

I meant to eat!

Congratulations :D

Ha! Unfortunately it wasn't me feeding ! We're both feeding now, hopefully he'll settle and I can get out on my bike !
  • napoleond
    Heh heh :)

Home now after a rather usual Saturday night shift. Bed time! Same again tonight.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    What a bunch of girls! We don't need The Big Girls Thread, all we need is a bunch of selfies anytime it rains on a Saturday or Sunday morning!!

Me - go soaked to the skin twice on Sunday morning, had to turn back from the top of the Lammermuirs because of the weather and poor visibility, chased a pack of sheep down the road until the found somewhere to shelter from my scarey bike, picked up half a beach in the drive train and found several hidden pot holes in puddles.

The only good things were coffee and cake at:

http://www.steampunkcoffee.co.uk/ (brilliant coffee and a wonderful wood burning stove)

and the sun, eventually, coming out to dry out my jersey and thaw my feet.