is there a supply issue at the moment?

r3hxn
r3hxn Posts: 127
edited May 2014 in MTB general
I put in an order for a new bike which was due to be out at the start of the month, but has been pushed back repeatedly and is now provisionally at the end of the month. Guy at the store hinted at a problem with a few bikes manufacturers due to supply issues with shimano parts, anyone could more info on that?

thanks

Cannondale Cx2 Hybrid
Scott Scale - Custom mtb - Work in progress

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    what bike is it?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • r3hxn
    Cannondale cx2 (a hybrid)

Cannondale Cx2 Hybrid
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Yes there is, if its shimano braked in particular. Most other parts are on an OK lead time.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I've heard of some deore chainrings in short supply but there doesn't seem to be much on there that wouldnt be readily available. Is it the 2014 model? I can see other shops showing it in stock.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    I struggled getting shimano icetec rotors in 180mm everywhere I called said they won't get them until June, tweeks cycles had them fortunately.

How about asking them to discount the bike for the cost of the parts they can't get and do you pr own brakes, or source the brakes yourself and ask them to fit for free as they haven't delivered when expected.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    He didn't say it was the brakes
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I struggled getting shimano icetec rotors in 180mm everywhere I called said they won't get them until June, tweeks cycles had them fortunately.

How about asking them to discount the bike for the cost of the parts they can't get and do you pr own brakes, or source the brakes yourself and ask them to fit for free as they haven't delivered when expected.

Hes talking about a complete bike assembled in Taiwan....
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • r3hxn
    Its no problem I can wait another 2 weeks ( hopefully!). But was just a bit frustrated that Evans trade in offer will expire soon too. For those of you who have been biking for a while, do you think its likely they will replace the trade in offer with something else immediately or will there likely be a while before they launch an alternative offer?

I'm kind of locked into buying from them now as I have my cyclescheme voucher, but your right I have seen 1 or 2 other sites that say they have stock in either the large or the small, but none that have medium, and even then some of those sites that say they have stock but will take 7-10 days, which sounds more like they expect stock, not necessary have it.

regarding the parts, yea they do have Shimano hydraulic brakes so could be that. mmm

Cannondale Cx2 Hybrid
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Can't you order it now and get the discount?
  • r3hxn
    I called last week the the guy seemed to think I could do the trade in now and it would be no problem, but this week I spoke to someone senior who said they can't do it. something about, if I don't go through with the purchase they can't return my traded in bike ( even though I would not care, as i picked it up from the tip!). They also can't take full payment now because they need a frame number for the cycle scheme voucher.

Cannondale Cx2 Hybrid
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    When does the trade in deal end?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • r3hxn
    Finishes 2nd June.
    new expected arrival of bike from manufacturer they say is 28th.

Cannondale Cx2 Hybrid
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    r3hxn wrote:
    Finishes 2nd June.

Thanks.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • r3hxn
    The good news is, that its arrived in stock! A week ahead of the suggested 28th May delivery.

Cannondale Cx2 Hybrid