BMC & S Works

simonparky
simonparky Posts: 11
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself and my bikes.

BMC Impec
This is my summer bike, I'm sure its not to everyone's taste but I love it. Its different and feels great to ride.
14056455310_5dc8105e9e_n.jpg
14263238713_a753516c1e_n.jpgr

Specialized Allez S-Works
I've recently purchased the frame to build up with ultegra groupset, mavic ksyrium slr wheelset, zipp bars and stem etc. I'm building the bike up for racing but it will also be used throughout the winter with a different set of wheel on. I'll post some updated pics once I've built it up.
14243078825_b29f25c4b1_n.jpg
14056496317_fbd170bc94_n.jpg

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Welcome to the forum,
    Really like the BMC and good luck with the S Works build.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao - welcome.

Very cool BMC - different, stealth and looks well pukka mint smart, innit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    We need more information and pictures of the impec :D
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • theobrixton
    theobrixton Posts: 92
    Good lord, you can't just roll up with an Impec and leave us unfulfilled with those those meagre pics. More, larger and better quality photos and build details please!

Edit: just noticed you have some better photos on your Flickr. Awesome bike.
  • simonparky
    Thanks for the positive comments

I'll be building up the S Works on Monday so providing we get some good weather I'll get some decent pics of both bikes and write up a spec sheet for both :wink:
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    That's not one of THE S-works Allez is it?
    I thought those bad boys were pretty exclusive- but even so I think it's a really impressive frame. Alloy is not dead yet! :D
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Impec - best bike on here for me - you lucky bugger!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Boxsters
    Boxsters Posts: 325
    Good lord, you can't just roll up with an Impec and leave us unfulfilled with those those meagre pics. More, larger and better quality photos and build details please!

Edit: just noticed you have some better photos on your Flickr. Awesome bike.

Specially when I have just seen the price of this thing :shock:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'm not a fan of the Impec styling, but I appreciate it's a serious frame. I bet you love it!

And the S-Works Allez is a modern classic - really clean looking frame. I can't wait to see the build.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I was in Bristol over Christmas and saw an Impec in Mud Dock cycle shop, stunning bike, stunning price!!
    Think there was a red and black one there, and the same as yours.

Lovely bike, hope it rides as well as it looks, enjoy!
  • Neil Buckley
    Neil Buckley Posts: 334
    simonparky wrote:
    Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself and my bikes.

BMC Impec
    This is my summer bike, I'm sure its not to everyone's taste but I love it. Its different and feels great to ride.
    14056455310_5dc8105e9e_n.jpg
    14263238713_a753516c1e_n.jpgr

Specialized Allez S-Works
    I've recently purchased the frame to build up with ultegra groupset, mavic ksyrium slr wheelset, zipp bars and stem etc. I'm building the bike up for racing but it will also be used throughout the winter with a different set of wheel on. I'll post some updated pics once I've built it up.
    14243078825_b29f25c4b1_n.jpg
    14056496317_fbd170bc94_n.jpg

S Works Allez for winter!! What a waste.
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • simonparky
    Unfortunately I was busy racing over the bank holiday weekend and then was suffering with a cold after that, so for that reason here's my delayed update. I've not had an opportunity to take some nice pictures of the BMC.

I have built up my S-Works for racing though. The spec is as follows:

Frame - Specialized S-Works Allez Size 56
    Fork - Specialized S-Works Fact Carbon
    Winter/Wet Wheels - Bontrager RL fitted with Michelin Pro 4 Service Course Tyres
    Racing Wheels - Mavic Ksyrium SYS SLR fitted with Continental Competition Tubs
    Crankset - Ultegra 6700 standard 53/39
    Front Mech - Sram Apex
    Rear Mech - Sram Force 10 speed
    Cassette - Sram Force 25-11
    Chain - Sram
    Shifter - Sram Apex Double tap
    Brakes - Ultegra 6700 calipers
    Bars & Stem - Zipp SL80 Service Course
    Bar Tape - Fizik Superlight

I like the Sram double tap system but I'm also very impressed with the ultegra brakes on my BMC, hence the Sram/Shimano combo. Ignore the seat which needs changing to something else. Also I'm yet to ride it so I've not fully committed to chopping the steerer tube just yet.

I think the bike will make a great race machine and is also more than adequate for four season riding.

14302976964_ac1385e95c_b.jpg
    14280435936_9b6930b381_b.jpg
    14116934830_3f5c7d4459_b.jpg
    14116929110_f02f6ed3cd_b.jpg
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I'd be interested to know, what is the Impec like to ride compared to what you've owned before?
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Loving both bikes, sworks Allez has built up nice too, not sure on white saddle though
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    Deeply envious. I wish I had similar levels of spondoolicks to spend.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Loving the S-Works. My LBS is a Spesh premier dealer and has the Allez,Tarmac S-Works frames and a complete Venge in the dayglo Orange colour. Like the Allez frame the most of the three but at £1500 for an alloy frame it's hard to justify.
  • simonparky
    DKay wrote:
    I'd be interested to know, what is the Impec like to ride compared to what you've owned before?

My previous bike was a Trek Madone. The BMC rides incredibly well, its very stiff which makes it effortless to build up speed. The Impec model is heavier than the Team Machine but this doesn't cause any issues when climbing.
  • simonparky
    I managed to get out over the weekend and finally get some summer riding done. I've taken some additional photos shortly after climbing the Horseshoe Pass, Llangollen.

14343217665_1d83f66f38_b.jpg
    14363408393_33c17e1c54_b.jpg
    14156574328_69cb3f777e_b.jpg
    14156577799_d4f8973094_b.jpg
    14156542788_27f9c92a8a_b.jpg
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    That's the nicest BMC Frame I have ever seen, I love the detailing and lug work. shame about the groupset :wink::mrgreen:
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Thanks for the extra pics. Really interesting frame, expecially the lug which joins the seat stays to the seat tube.

I was thinking that the angles and creases remind me of modern Lamborghinis, then I remembered the crazy expensive Lamborghini Limited Edition Impec that was released last year. Your's looks much better without the garish colours.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    That BMC looks epic. it should only be ridden in perfect conditions! beautiful.
  • BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    I've got the same Mavic wheels as you (different decals though). They really compliment the BMC frame.

I don't like how the S-Works text is written on the top and bottle of the frame as opposed to the sides. It makes it hard to read.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    love the BMC!