"Comfort Breaks"

Cannock Chase
Cannock Chase Posts: 558
edited May 2014 in Pro race
Always see the riders in the Peloton stopping for 'Comfort Breaks' but never see anyone in a break taking one..!!
I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
Trek Madone - Carbon

Comments

• fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Hard effort puts your kidneys on lockdown. The break doesn't need any comfort!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,751
    Hard effort puts your kidneys on lockdown. The break doesn't need any comfort!

You wouldn't stop would you, suppose if you were desperate you might get it out and do it as you ride it's fairly easy, bit of a descent you wouldn't lose too much time. Maybe they warn the cameramen?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Always see the riders in the Peloton stopping for 'Comfort Breaks' but never see anyone in a break taking one..!!

If they did take a break if wouldn't be shown on TV. They are told not to show them, the riders are even told places where they aren't meant to take a break as well. With a smaller amount of riders on screen it's easier to turn away if \ when they do take one
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    I've assumed that was the case but it makes you wonder when you see them getting hugs and kisses at the end.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Mechanism wrote:
    I've assumed that was the case but it makes you wonder when you see them getting hugs and kisses at the end.

Yeah - on the face, though 8)