De Rosa R848

jmillen
jmillen Posts: 627
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
Evening folks,

Picked up my new De Rosa R848 this evening. Just a quick pic in the sun (apologies for the size of it and the length of the grass!), I'll follow up with some better ones in the next few days. Spec is as follows:

Front Derailleur: Shimano 105
Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105
Shifters: Shimano 105
Brake Levers: Shimano 105
Chainset: Shimano Tiagra Compact
Front & Rear Brake: Shimano Tiagra
Wheels: Fulcrum Racing 3
Tyres: Continental 4000S
Pedals: Shimano 105 Carbon SPD-SL

I'll be putting on plenty of heli-tape over the next couple of days before its first outing at the weekend.
Couple of things I'd like to change, but I'm going to try and wait for things to wear out before replacing them!

IMG_3055_2448x1836.jpg[/URL]
2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
2014 De Rosa R848
Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter

Comments

• Andyh4324
    Andyh4324 Posts: 58
    Really like these. There's something about Italian bikes that feels special.

The chainset looks a bit out of place though, but as you say, that can be upgraded when it's worn out.
  • theobrixton
    theobrixton Posts: 92
    Very nice
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    yeah, like that.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Really like that, but it needs a different chainset. The polished Tiagra spoils what is a stunning looking bike!
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I personally feel the frame is calling for black finishing kit, and chainset. Otherwise it's lovely.
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Very nice, needs a proper group set though :wink:

FSA cranks go well on these, I have this on my 838.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Yup, like these,......very nice

As previous posters have said, would look better with black kit, and preferably Campagnolo rather than Shimano!! :D
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Thank you for the comments :)

Yeap, I agree...The saddle and bar tape will be the first thing to change, and they'll be going black.
    When the bank balance allows, the chainset will be next and then other bits as and when...
    Weighed the bike as you see in the full pic below (minus the SPD-SL clips cable tied to the bars!) and it comes in at pretty much bang on 18lbs.

*Edit* question folks....can I take the carbon arms from one of these --> http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fsa-sl-k-light-bb30-double-chainset/ to replace the Tiagra arms? I ask as I have one of these from the Planext X I've just replaced.

Just a couple more pics today before I started trying to put helitape all over it this evening.
    Apologies again for the size of the photos

f5da6c08-4030-4d46-88b3-9babdf2f229c.jpg

IMG_3050_2448x1836.jpg
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • bianchi_tim
    bianchi_tim Posts: 79
    Very nice, welcome to the De Rosa club :)