Saying Hi

postie90
postie90 Posts: 53
edited June 2014 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone, recently bought a hybrid giant roam 2, and loving being out.... So much so, I'm thinking off buying a full suspension MTb to tackle more rough trails, I'm from the midlands, pelsall area.... I've been cycling all around the local area canals, bridal paths etc, and went up to cannock chase Sunday, just to see and have a walk around, looking to get myself a roof rack to take the bike up there.....

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hi and welcome!

You could get an FS, but a hardtail would be just as good and slightly lighter for your usage (and better specced for the same money).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • postie90
    The Rookie wrote:
    Hi and welcome!

You could get an FS, but a hardtail would be just as good and slightly lighter for your usage (and better specced for the same money).

Cheers Rookie, 1st off, when you say hardtail, does this refer to a bike with just no or just from suspension? They are cheaper, doing a bit off research I'm bringing think I don't need a full suspension bike.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Front suspension only.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • postie90
    cooldad wrote:
    Front suspension only.

Thanks