Specialized Stump Jumper FSR EVO 29

teknorob
teknorob Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Your mountain bikes
2014 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO Carbon Frame, Rockshox RCT3 Dual Air 150/120mm Fork, Fox CTD BV Trail Adjust Rear Shock, Roval Traverse SL Wheelset, Purgatory & Ground Control 2.3 Tyres, XX1 Chainset, X01 Rear Mech, X01 Shifter, Command Adjustable Seatpost, Fizik Gobi XM Saddle, Enve Sweep 740mm Handlebars, Easton Havoc 65mm Stem, ODi Rogue Grips, Avid 7 Trail Brakes and Blackspire Big Slim Pedals. In terms of sizing i'm 5' 7" and the medium is a perfect fit.

Before i pulled the trigger and sold my Bronson C i tested the Tallboy, Specialized Enduro and this. I was expecting to choose either the SC or the enduro and only included the Stumpy out of politeness. Both the other 2 bikes are very different and very good, but the high bb and very high riding enduro is just too much and would have meant needing another bike the weekdays. The SC is pretty amazing but for me the Stumpy is just a perfect fit and copes with everything i can throw at it.. it just feels right.

My weekday riding is XC strava loops, weekends surrey hills and i've just got back from riding bigger stuff in the montseny national park in Catalonia. Its light (26.3 lbs/ without pedals), the best balanced bike i've ridden and mind blowingly fast. I have yet to find any terrain that the stumpy cant cope with. Ive been lucky enough to own SC Bronson, liteville 301 and Commencal Meta AM, but this is my first venture in to full suss big wheels and with the dual air fork this bike is the closest thing to a do anything bike, that i have ever ridden. I appreciate its all down to personal choice but this bike has totally rejuvenated my addiction : )

Comments