XC is the new black

Ferrals
Ferrals Posts: 785
edited May 2014 in MTB general
All the xc regional champs are on this weekend I believe. Its been dry most of the week and looking dry all weekend :D:D

I'm doing the welsh one, my first race since I was a teenager and I'm very excited :lol::) been busy looking at youtube videos of the course and hoping I shift my cold before sunday!

Anyone else doing one?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    nope, but where is it? I may know some of the course
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    welshkev wrote:
    nope, but where is it? I may know some of the course
    Wales Doh!
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ferrals
    Its in Fforest fields by builth wells. Apparently its quite a 'traditional course' which i guess means not uber-technical. the you-tube makes it look 50-50 fireroad and woodland singletrack.

So long as there a good burger van for afterwards!!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Yep, Southern Champs for me. Porridge Pot Hill, should be good, nice to have a dry race for once!
  • ednino
    ednino Posts: 684
    Missed out on Midlands XC series today because my brakes need sorting. Might make the ones in August though

Bet it was a lovely day in this weather!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Awesome course for the Southerns, great fun! Bone dry too. Loamy everywhere.
  • Ferrals
    Great course for the welsh too, dry, a couple of technical bits and a brutal climb. I came a resounding last but had a great day. :D
    Baking hot, sweated off all my sun cream and a bit crispy now!!
  • Ferrals
    njee20 wrote:

I just watched the video for that. it looks like an amazing course!! would love to ride that.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Ferrals wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

I just watched the video for that. it looks like an amazing course!! would love to ride that.

20 minute ride from my house and one of my local haunts although usually passing through on the way to other trails.

I didn't even know there was a race on so we had to duck under a few taped sections to get through to Tunnel Hill on Sunday morning. Looked a bit more serious than the usual Gorrick events.