Fashion advice on.....shoes.

rickypj
rickypj Posts: 42
edited May 2014 in Road general
Hopefully I will get a good response from all of you fashion concious guys and not too much of a ribbing. Since buying my first road bike last year (Cube agree) I've worn the kit that I purchased at the same time which is a full set of Cube Team line kit including socks :roll: . looking back I kinda wish I had purchased something a little less fancy/colourful as I now feel like a plonker wearing It. I have just ordered a set of Rapha pro team bibs and jersey which in a lot of people's opinions is just as bad as what I already have, but but I like the simpler look. I'm having trouble deciding if I can still get away with wearing my specialized BG comp shoes which are white and red and also quite fancy looking or do I need something a little plainer to suit the new rapha kit. If anybody has any sensible suggestions please send them this way. If nobody wants to get involved in such a conversation then I will revert to plan B and ask the wife. She seems to know lots about shoes :wink:

Comments

• MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I am a firm believer in understated clothing and outlandish shoes. The wackier the better!
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Wear what you like, but accept any jokes made about your attire :wink:
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    whats with the sudden spate of what to wear/what not to wear threads recently?

Just wear what you like
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • damocles10
    damocles10 Posts: 340
    Sidi's in white are awesome...
  • simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    Or just get some shoe covers :mrgreen: :-

sidi_02_670.jpg
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    Some nice white and black giro empires would go lovely with your Rapha gear.

But so would some nice s-works or Sidi's as mentioned above
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • rickypj
    Thanks for all your reply's. I think I agree with the outlandish/garish approach. I had seen the Mavic Zxellium in bright yellow and as I have gone for the pro team bibs with the yellow rapha lettering then they might look quite good if you like that sort of thing.
    They will defiantly take the attention away from my bright red sweaty face.

Now what colour socks.....
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I've just bought a pair of these if that helps?

1371723822208-xv0gzqbnnado-280-80.jpg
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • damocles10
    damocles10 Posts: 340
    rickypj wrote:
    Thanks for all your reply's. I think I agree with the outlandish/garish approach. I had seen the Mavic Zxellium in bright yellow and as I have gone for the pro team bibs with the yellow rapha lettering then they might look quite good if you like that sort of thing.
    They will defiantly take the attention away from my bright red sweaty face.

Now what colour socks.....

For me, socks should be the same colour as the shoes
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    You roadies are an odd bunch.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • rickypj
    You roadies are an odd bunch.
    True, I never thought id be wearing cycling shorts let alone being worried about what colour they are and if they match my socks