Tell me why I don't like Mehdays!

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Monday.....3 days down on this trip, home Thursday, wife had a minor op' over the weekend and she'd insisted she was fine without me there, now she's sounding all down and I'm not there to look after her, so feeling pi55ed off......

"Things can only get better"
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    The Rookie wrote:
    now she's sounding all down and I'm not there to look after her,
    Tell us where she is, I'll look after her! ;)

Mehning Losers!

Interesting weekend. Did a 12 mile ride on Saturday, but probably walked about 7 of those miles. I was investigating the area and got lost. Ended up walking up a hill, over the hill, then back down the hill. Was a good workout though!

Then last night, I drove all the way from Bury to Huddersfield.... to discover I'd left my house keys at my parents. Once I had got the keys, driving back they had closed the motorway, so I got back around midnight. I'm knackered now.

Hopefully work won't pi$$ me off!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

went to antur stiniog yesterday, another awesome day was had. it was slightly spoilt by a friend of a friend having to be airlifted to hospital after a pretty bad smash. but he wasn't wearing full face helmet ffs!

saw matt simmons there, damn he's fast!

other than that, it's work meh and preparing for a job interview on Friday.

laters
  • thekickingmule
    welshkev wrote:
    but he wasn't wearing full face helmet ffs!
    Full face helmets at Antur are for wussies* ;)

*Definition of those not considered wussies = People riding hard tails, sticking to the Blue and going slowly, then going once down the Red before going over the bars so returning to the Blue. Fecking good fun though!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Mornin

Nice ride in means I'm currently calm despite the work bombs falling into my in-box, right off for more tea
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Another day off. Got my appointment at the fracture clinic tomorrow, really hoping they give me surgery, and soon. Today I have to set up a paypal acount and get my haircut. Mission of the day
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning mongs,

Today i am mostly shattered, 3 days of riding one of which push up at FOD today my body is saying screw you lol.

still working from home today so on the couch with the lappy!

laters
  • thekickingmule
    Today I have to set up a paypal acount and get my haircut. Mission of the day
    You pay for your haircut through paypal!?

I'm glad I bought my shaver years ago. Saved me a fortune!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Good day so far, sat in a shop having some massive plastic boots moulded to my feet, grippy things screwed to some planks, feeling some merino wool socks and trying on some signature goggles.

8)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Thank fark thats out the way, was struggling enough after doing 50 miles on the mtb yesterday (stupid I know), then cycling back from the shop tonight some old woman in her 4x4 audi knocked me off the bike.

Left knee, right shoulder, right forearm and right temple area on my head all in pain, how can Monday get any worse? (Maybe I shouldn't ask..)
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening ladies, sounds like everyone is in the wars! Hope all heal well!!

My day has been taken up trying to source some metal for a broken red arrow! Think it may be staying broken as i can't really be a4sed now!

Off to learn how to become a cheese eating surrender monkey!

Au revoir beeeeeeetches!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening all,
    Lying on a large bed in an Italian hotel room. Been to see customer in Milan, that all went according to plan thankfully. Going to lounge around before sneaking a drink at the bar before going out for a meal with customer number two. I suppose it does mean I'm working late, but knowing the sort of restaurant he books, who cares.
    Tomorrow will mainly consist of more schmoozing and drinking proper coffee before flying home.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Schmako wrote:
    Thank fark thats out the way, was struggling enough after doing 50 miles on the mtb yesterday (stupid I know), then cycling back from the shop tonight some old woman in her 4x4 audi knocked me off the bike.

Left knee, right shoulder, right forearm and right temple area on my head all in pain, how can Monday get any worse? (Maybe I shouldn't ask..)
    Ouch. You're the third crudder in as many weeks to have had van/4x4 problems. GWS.

I nearly came a cropper myself on the bike in London more than once this evening on account of excessive rubbernecking at scantily clad girls. God bless hot weather :mrgreen:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890

What else would I use PayPal for??
  • thekickingmule

What else would I use PayPal for??
    Hookers and blow of course!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro