Kuota Kiral

limoneboy
limoneboy Posts: 480
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
Started building this last night , nearly finish but very happy with it , its the first one i have seen in the uk.

this will be for my longer rides as its Kuota sportive frame , lovely quality and finish

Will post better pictures when complete and ride summary.

IMAG0698_zps54e9e264.jpg

IMAG0695_zps0d9ee7c5.jpg
last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1

Comments

• matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
  • limoneboy
    thanks mate , the green is alot brighter in reality , this frame has lots of lovely details which need to be seen , the seatpost clamp , bb386 bb, frame shape and sportive design rear end which has flatten areas , the flat side of the rear none drive chain stay is massive !
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Havent seen one of those before and it looks good. 50mm rims really helping it. The only bit I don't get is the flash of colour on the seatpost. Why not just leave it black Kuota?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    That's really cool - always have had a soft spot for Kuotas - I think their frame design is really nice.

Enjoy!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Looks spot on mate, enjoy!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Never seen one of those before. Cool looking bike. It would be nice to see more of the details close up.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    8) cool 8)
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Looks good! My LBS just got two of those in - they are pretty nice in the flesh.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I like a bit of green, looks very nice
  • That's the nuts :D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    yes, like the paint job...
  • bails1310
    bails1310 Posts: 361
    Absolutely love it, new frames look awesome.
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]
  • limoneboy
    Took it out for a good hard welsh mountain ride yesterday, it was a very interesting ride.

Firstly i had to get used to using manual gears again ! and those first ride adjustments to the cable tension, i didn't ride on carbon rims as its a bit to steep on most of the descents and i am from experience aware of braking issues as in melted rims, so put my AC Argent wheels on which a have to add are excellent.

position wish its much higher by 40mm at the front end compared to my burls frame which was actually nice ,because we all slam the stems but at the sake of my 44 year old back. no back issue to report over 40 hilly miles .

the back end does a good job of smoothing out the crappy roads , i would say better than my titanium frame , but thats what its designed to do. the big suprises were the bb is solid and massive, i am a short but strong(72kg) build so have to sprint over small hills and its solid under pressure.

best of all though is the descending , its amazing , normally i would touch the bike every now and then but didn't at all on a 8km descent which is 5-6% , planted and solid front and back

only problem is now , i dont want to go back titanium even though that is one of the best bikes i have ridden.
  • sah682
    sah682 Posts: 33
    Been to my LBS this morning and ordered as Kuota Kharma.

Should be in later this week :D
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Lovely looking ride, what's wheels are they?
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • limoneboy
    Thanks ,wheels are wheelsmith 38mm carbons , to be honest i only ride these on the flat as the got a little hot in Italy last year in the Dolomites and warped on braking. Straighted the rim out with a hair dryer !!!!!! now they are straight as i die .
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    limoneboy wrote:
    Thanks ,wheels are wheelsmith 38mm carbons , to be honest i only ride these on the flat as the got a little hot in Italy last year in the Dolomites and warped on braking. Straighted the rim out with a hair dryer !!!!!! now they are straight as i die .

Clinchers yeah? (how heavy are you by the way, as this topic comes up a lot).
  • limoneboy
    71-72kg interesting , why ask ?
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Nice bike, read an article in a French mag about these. They said it rode quite stiff and racey.

Love the socks on the rad, looks like my place. And the bottle - growing some nice bacterial in there? :)

Please tell us more about the wheel fixing, that sounds ballsy! Did you heat it up under tension? (i.e. spoked)
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    limoneboy wrote:

Are they clinchers then? Surely tubulars don't warp under braking
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • limoneboy
    Nice bike, read an article in a French mag about these. They said it rode quite stiff and racey.

Love the socks on the rad, looks like my place. And the bottle - growing some nice bacterial in there? :)

Please tell us more about the wheel fixing, that sounds ballsy! Did you heat it up under tension? (i.e. spoked)

Rode this bike a couple of times now as its a second bike and it holds speed well , in fact i thought i was riding slower than i was but looked at speed and it holds 30k all day , stiff yes, racey not so , had oltre that was racey. we have a descent near me called dark ark lane and it's dark(due to over hanging trees) steep and the road surface is S**T. i seems to grip the road and at the same time iron out the lumpy bits much the same as the new synapse has been described , did my PR by 15% on this bike.

these are clincher rims ,as a said only use them now on 'very' flat routes . ie no hard braking.
    Got to the bottom of monte baldo last year 6500ft rims were fine. went out 2 days later up the other side of lake garda up a climb which average 15% to 3000ft , hardest i have ever ridden and i admit to stopping a few times.
    came down , it was so steep i felt like i was going over the bars hence hard braking front and back. got to bottom back wheel had melted .

one week into my two week holiday so needed the wheels , got a hair dryer reheated the rim (resin) and bent back to position holding with long nose mole grips set to rim width , it worked to a fashion in italy enough to get me back out .

came home and refined process (wifes heat gun for crafting) and they were straight , sorted wheel truness. sanded of rim and they are useable to a limit .

o
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Whats the build spec ? Looks like da but with a force 22 chainset, is it a bb30 frame ?
    Think I may be going to da soon myself.
    You seem to get through more bikes than me !
    Cinelli Saetta, Bianchi, Burls and now this and thats just what I remember.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • limoneboy
    bulid spec as below , its not DA its ultegra 6800 , i have da & ultegra on my burls. yes it is a force 22 chainset works fine with shimano 11 do not believe the hype, also i run the carbons with chorus 11 speed as they were 10speed shimano or 11 campy so put my campy freehub on and works fine with ultegra,campy and sram go figure ! reason for force chainset is its a bb386 and sram fits.

kuota kiral f & f
    American classic argent or wheelsmith carbon 38mm
    ultremo or mech pro 4 tyres
    force 22 chainset
    time expresso 4 clips
    dura ace chain
    dura ace 11 cassette or chorus 11 on wheelsmiths
    selle slr flow saddle
    fizik tape
    ritchey wcs 240 stem
    ritchey wcs euro bars 42cm
    ultegra 11 calipers