Warranty or self fix?

Revhound
Revhound Posts: 25
edited May 2014 in MTB general
My Canyon nerve al+ is only a few months old with a couple hundred miles at most . On the underside of the down tube there is a large white canyon sticker with a thick clear rubber protective sticker running the whole down tube. This has started to come of at the moment about 3 inches is loose and flapping about.
Now do i glue it back myself using clear pva or something or get in touch with canyon uk?
I know its a mountain bike and its going to show bumps and bruises but this is just falling off (the adhesive is failing) after half a dozen rides, Nothing to demanding or wet . And i don't use a pressure washer to clean :D

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    Buy a new piece if it bothers you too much or trim it down. No way is it warranty
  • Revhound
    Buy a new piece if it bothers you too much or trim it down. No way is it warranty

Yeh that's what i was leaning towards! its just annoying. Had it been a new car with a bit of trim hanging off or a pair of new speakers with speaker grill cloth come loose,both would be straight back. Bikes seem to be different.
    "Pay your money,take your chance" :roll:
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Give them a ring/email. They may send you some glue
  • Revhound
    Give them a ring/email. They may send you some glue

Got all the glue i need :wink: .
    On its own not really a problem. Its just another in the list of little problems . from a deep gouge on the fork legs to the bare metal showing through the realy thin paint on the wheels(can actually see the spray pattern) . To ride i can't fault it. It just seems qualitty control is a bit lacking at canyon. Ant dt swiss for that...
  • Huckfinn
    Huckfinn Posts: 142
    It his happened to me too, there is a thread on here about it, I was a bit annoyed I think I had only ridden it 3 times and not pressure washed it. I just took the strip off and bought some thick helitap and taped the bike up. You can buy a replacement strip from canyon for I think 25 - 30, I bought one which I will put on when I change the helitape next year.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Revhound wrote:
    Its just another in the list of little problems . from a deep gouge on the fork legs to the bare metal showing through the realy thin paint on the wheels(can actually see the spray pattern) . To ride i can't fault it. It just seems qualitty control is a bit lacking at canyon. Ant dt swiss for that...
    A deep gouge on the fork legs is certainly nothing to do with anyone but the rider, as for thin paint, did you want heavier wheels?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    The Rookie wrote:
    A deep gouge on the fork legs is certainly nothing to do with anyone but the rider

Why is it the rider's fault if his fork comes with a gouge?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why would you accept a new bike with a deep gouge on the forks - OP doesn't exactly make it clear.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Revhound
    cooldad wrote:
    Why would you accept a new bike with a deep gouge on the forks - OP doesn't exactly make it clear.

It's hidden underneath the fox decal running down the leg so somewhat hidden,and after considering returning the bike to Germany i decided to keep it. They had also sold out of my bike by the time mine turned up so would have put me back to square one again. In hindsight i would have sent it back, but just getting on with it now .. life is too short .
    A little grumble on here has helped a bit :D