Tire: Continental Ultra sport

Accessories:
2x Carbon Bottler cages
Sram Garmin Mount
Sram in-line barrel adjusters
Quadlock iPhone mount

Weight: 7.9KG

Other info:

Picked the frame up from a friend that was covered in sky, Specilized, S-Works decals not quite sure what was trying to be achieved here.... Have removed 90% with a heat gun and polished it up nicely :) just wanted to build a basic race bike up that will fit in my little bike shed neatly. Full 105 group.

Matt

Comments

• aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    Nice bike................tidy shed too :-)
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Looking spot on mate, again as said nice shed!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    That frame looks lovely, but i just dont get why you have stuck the Spesh stickers on it. I would of left it naked or made up my own personal sticker set. Each to everyones own and all that i guess
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Lovely looking bike. Cheapened with gash stickers.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    As above - lose the stickers and move the front QR to the left. Are those tyre covers in the bottom pic?
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    edited May 2014
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    Wow!! ^ :roll:

I like, personally I'd go with black bar tape and saddle but that's my preference, bike still looks great though
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • Looks nice, drop those stickers though as it's just dumb. Your front QR needs turning around too :D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    looks wired, nice one...
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    That is a gorgeous looking bike - congratulations!

As already stated - very tidy shed!!!
  • Slo Mo Jones
    Slo Mo Jones Posts: 272
    Your name is Matthew Wellbeloved?
  • as above......plus lose the dustcaps and the random blue rear d cabling? :shock:
  • Thanks guys im pretty happy with it so far.

When i got the bike it was horrendous with the stickers so i have made a lot of difference and ill get out the heat gun and remove the rest. Ill also remover to change the front QR over :)

Thanks for the bike shed comments its only a cheapy wooden bike shed that looks fairly basic which is what i want and I've painted the inners fitted a carper to protect the wheels from wood splinters and some shelving and organisers.

Yea i got these Vittoria Tire covers to protect my tires and stop them scuffing on things and things like that.
  • Your name is Matthew Wellbeloved?

Oh and yea thats my name, thought i would add them as i had them lying around :D
  • eddiefiola
    eddiefiola Posts: 344
    if I was OCD I'd probably say your front QR needs to change sides.

lovely bike!
  • powenb
    powenb Posts: 296
    Very nice indeed.
    I like the decals, they will keep people guessing!
    Also, nice tidy shed BTW
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    Wow, my name is so boring.
  • powenb wrote:
    Very nice indeed.
    I like the decals, they will keep people guessing!

No they won't. Anybody who knows anything knows that it's not a Specialized!
  • powenb
    powenb Posts: 296

I beg to differ. There will be some who will see it in the flesh and second guess themselves.
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    powenb wrote:

I beg to differ. There will be some who will see it in the flesh and second guess themselves.

Oh aye, just wait for it to appear on the BikeRadar front page as a new specialized concept bike spotted
  • powenb wrote:

Did it fool you? :wink:
  • powenb wrote:

Its a very intresting one as a lot of people do ask what frame it is and whether its a Specialized, the question usually is "is this a new S-Works frame design?"
  • I'm looking for a shed like that (nice, by the way) - do you mind telling us what kind it is and where you got it from ?
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • I'm looking for a shed like that (nice, by the way) - do you mind telling us what kind it is and where you got it from ?

Yea sure, well original i was going to get one of those green steel ones that you can buy they are about £500 and protect against all theft but i thought its not worth it and it wouldn't fit it, found this one on the internet as it was the correct size £99 paid delivered, when it arrived i built it and its not the best quality as the hinges were face flat and it can with a push bolt lock so the safety was terrible, i fitted the hinges on the inside and added an extra 3 lock and fitted a anchor point to my house drilled a 32mm hole in the ahead and use a 3.5m cable lock and a beefy padlock, i then fitted a few bits of timber around the door to strengthen it and more screws everywhere.

I used filler on all the joins to seal it little better and the used some cheap wicked paint to paint it brown, fitted some carpet to protect the tyres from splinters, added some shelves, 3 wall organisers and hooks for my bike pumps.

for the price its great, i will add a new roof this year from a sheet of ply and re felt it which will be about £30 which isn't bad for 3 year in some brutal weather, its survived being pushed over by the fence when that has had to be replaced a few times.

The advantages to the wood over metal IMO is that it looks better and you can screw things in it to organise everything, bar shoes helmet and jerseys which i keep under my bed its all in there, from cable crimps to bike pumps.

As far as security goes i used a range of combination locks, advantages mean you don't need to worry about a keey and don't need to worry about not loosing the key when your out on a ride!

Matt
  • lovestheclimb
    lovestheclimb Posts: 483
    Nice bike Matt.

Interested in those wheels..... How are they? are they stiff and braking good? Also where did you get them from? were they built up with the white spokes when you bought them?

thanks
  • Nice bike Matt.

Interested in those wheels..... How are they? are they stiff and braking good? Also where did you get them from? were they built up with the white spokes when you bought them?

thanks

The wheels are great, they are the the stock wheels, very light and the hubs are fantastic and you fall notice them when free wheeling, my only gripe would be that the cassette freewheel is a very positive noise a definite click, click etc but that just ensures that you cycle harder
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    As far as security goes i used a range of combination locks, advantages mean you don't need to worry about a keey and don't need to worry about not loosing the key when your out on a ride!

Be very careful; I had a shed similar to this, a few months after having it, the shed had been torn apart, a cheap £100 pub bike and a few garden tools were stolen.

Nice bike btw.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    A pub bike. A bike you only use for going to the pub. No other purpose ever?
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    RideOnTime wrote:
    A pub bike. A bike you only use for going to the pub. No other purpose ever?

Yep, haven't ever used it for anything else, ever ;)

My current pub bike is an MBK Super Sprint I picked up for free, the gears don't work but it's faster and easier than walking a couple of miles to the pub ;)
  • lovestheclimb
    lovestheclimb Posts: 483
    Thanks for the info Matt, I'm looking to get hold of a set of these next