Cotic Bfe MkII Gritstone

Littlebigmatt
Littlebigmatt Posts: 129
edited May 2016 in Your mountain bikes
So this is my first time building up my own bike from scratch, decided it was time for a change and wanted something a bit special.

Ive looked at Cotics so much so when this one came up second hand through a friend at work i couldn't resist. Its a MKII Cotic Bfe in Gritstone with scotchlite decals. Im going to transfer a lot of parts from the Rockhopper namely the drivetrain and brakes.

So far the spec will be:
Frame: Cotic Bfe MKII
Headset: FSA Mx Orbit
B/B: Shimano XTR
Fork: Rockshox Revs RLT Ti w/ 20mm Thru Axle
Wheels: Hope Pro II on Stans Arch rims
Chainset: Shimano SLX
Rear Mech: Shimano XT
Front Mech: Shimano SLX
Brakes: Shimano Deore - Want to upgrade to XT
Nukeproof Warhead Stem, Bar and Seatpost.

IMG_1859_zps2494119c.jpg

IMG_1862_zps499c8979.jpg
Cotic BFE MK II

Comments

• mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
    Welcome to the Cotic family. Look forward to see this built up
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The Cotic family is a fine one indeed :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Managed to get it all built up about month ago now but been to busy riding it. Here is the finished product.

IMG_1966_zps440a22ca.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1967_zpsc43a7aed.jpg[/URL]

Soon to be upgraded to Xt brakes and then a 1x10 drivetrain.
    Cotic BFE MK II
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Looks nice, with black saddle and the latest all black forks it would look very mean!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    Looks great, mate has the gritstone, pics don't do it justice. Incidentally, have the rest of the Cotic family seen the new updated bfe?