My new Bianchi (Now waiting for replacement)

mar_k
mar_k Posts: 323
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
Collected my new Bianchi Nirone7 Tiagra yesterday from Evans in Crouch end.
I've managed to cover a measly 12 miles on it so far. Having not cycled for the past 12mths I found it quite tough of the legs and bottom. Anyway, first impressions are good. Really like the bike and looking forward to some much bigger rides during the summer months.

Sorry for the poor quality picture.

20140328_2143321_zpsf54d902e.jpg

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Enjoy it :)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Nice bike. I still use one exactly the same but red/white as a winter/turbo training bike. Is a really comfortable bike and I still love riding mine. Get some new wheels when you can, will really make a massive difference as the Reparto Corse Maddux wheels really do not do it justice.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    sweet...
  • I really like 'Celleste'. You dont actually see enough Bianchi's out on the road - why is that?
  • mar_k
    Thanks, the wheels will be replaced at some point. I will use the Reportos as a winter wheel.

I used to see lots of Celeste Bianchi's around, but it seems the novelty has worn off for most. This isn't my first as I used to have a Bianchi Nirone sora. It was a 2011 model so this is a little step up having the Tiagra group set.

Really looking forward to building my fitness back up. I ache quite badly this morning from my little ride yesterday.

I'm thinking of having a professional bike fit.
  • mar_k
    Done a few more miles today, Made a few adjustments to the bars.
    Now feels a lot more comfortable. Not quite sure why the group set is silver as all the ones I've seen advertised are black, which I'd prefer.

i won't be able to get on the bike tomorrow as it's mother day which means a very busy day.

Next outing will be my commute to work. Can't wait already.
  • Nickoo
    Nickoo Posts: 85
    lovely bike
  • mar_k
    So im now a few weeks into my Bianchi ownership. I seem to love
    the bike more after each ride. Ive covered just over 200miles now im using it every day for commuting and a few
    rides at the weekends. After each ride I have the urge to go further. Im only averaging 16mph on my daily 5mile each way commute, however its a 2mph increase over the first fews days.
    looking forward to some longer rides.
  • mar_k
    I had to return the bike to Evans last sunday due to the front wheel bearings making a noise.
    They inspected the bike and came to the conclusion that the bearings where binding and agreed to replace the wheel.
    I went to collect the bike on Wednesday, to my suprise they had replaced both wheels. I was just about to leave the store
    when I noticed that the frame had been damaged. There was quite a bad scratch on one of the tubes.
    I was asked how I wanted to deal with the issue (after they suggested that I may of brought it in like it) to which I replied that I'd like an unscratched bike. Since the bike was only 4 weeks old I wasn't happy to accept it back in that way. It was one of those things that you would notice every time you look at the bike. In the end they agreed to replace the bike, which im now waiting for. Am I unreasonable to expect the bike to be replaced?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    No. Their mistake.
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    mar_k wrote:
    I had to return the bike to Evans last sunday due to the front wheel bearings making a noise.
    They inspected the bike and came to the conclusion that the bearings where binding and agreed to replace the wheel.
    I went to collect the bike on Wednesday, to my suprise they had replaced both wheels. I was just about to leave the store
    when I noticed that the frame had been damaged. There was quite a bad scratch on one of the tubes.
    I was asked how I wanted to deal with the issue (after they suggested that I may of brought it in like it) to which I replied that I'd like an unscratched bike. Since the bike was only 4 weeks old I wasn't happy to accept it back in that way. It was one of those things that you would notice every time you look at the bike. In the end they agreed to replace the bike, which im now waiting for. Am I unreasonable to expect the bike to be replaced?

Entirely within your rights to request an unscratched frame. If they have offered to replace the bike then that's excellent. Shouldn't be a long wait either.

I have a 2012 Via Nirone which was going to be replaced but because I couldn't bring myself to spend money on a non-Bianchi carbon frame, now sports Campy Athena, Fulcrum F5's, FSA SLK carbon seatpost, Look Pedals and a Fi'zi:k Aliante saddle. Love it but want to move up to a carbon Bianchi next year.
    Someone's just passed me again