Middle of the extended weekend morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,832
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Moaning

Yesterdays running through figures and composing an email to the current wife's boss seems to have gone well with a reasonable positive answer - therefore normal ish behaviour ensued and we visited the pub :)

Today is a ride with the cycling club, then to the pub for live music and a BBQ. Then drop the rug rats off at mothers and it's round to some friends for a boozy dinner party

Right, off to check the pressures in my single speed (but not fixie) road bike as its started raining and I don't want to use the good bike :D

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers.

Tis a nice day, so I'm off to the Long Mynd. Weather had better be better than Mr H says otherwise me and the weather gods will be having words. .....and not polite ones either!

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    Clank wrote:
    Mornin' window lickers.

Tis a nice day, so I'm off to the Long Mynd. Weather had better be better than Mr H says otherwise me and the weather gods will be having words. .....and not polite ones either!

Onwards!

It's raining 30 miles away :(
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning weather watchers!

One will be a faffing and a mincing today, doubt anything productive will occur!

Foods will feature, booze may rear its ugly head, other than that nowt.

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning Supporters of Shyte Footy Teams :wink:

Coffee has been drunk and my muddy biking gear is in the wash before it evolves into a new life form and tries to escape from the garage. Later will be a few menial jobs, a spot of Dad's taxi work and watching a football team that isn't shyte :) See you later, fecktards...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

GF's parents have decided they're taking us out to lunch today, this is a win as it means I don't need to go buy any food this morning. On the downside it means I've not got time for bikes today as I've been lazy all morning, I was planning on going out nice and early but that never happened. Oh well, I'll try and fit some big miles in tomorrow instead.

TTFN
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Coffee has been drunk and my muddy biking gear is in the wash before it evolves into a new life form and tries to escape from the garage. Later will be a few menial jobs, a spot of Dad's taxi work and watching a football team that isn't shyte :) See you later, fecktards...

I feel i should bite, i want to bite, but i can only agree with you. :cry:
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Let's see if the 'Liverless Wonder' takes the bait when he gets back from his girly bike ride :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening all,
    Finally had to do the thing I've been avoiding for weeks, and I don't mean GT's mum. Done most of the tiling of the kitchen floor. Need to do all the awkward cuts round the edges tomorrow.
    It didn't rain here, not that I could give a toss as I was stuck indoors.
    Now I ache, need medication. Mmmm, beer.
    Edit: just realised the date, happy Star Wars day people.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Evening gimp lickers.
    Not been on here for a while but have been cycling plenty instead. About to see how the next 40 pint keg of home brew is doing so may be a late night and later morning!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Let's see if the 'Liverless Wonder' takes the bait when he gets back from his girly bike ride :P

Only just seen this - how was your teams crushing defeat of the onbreds?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    onbreds
    Are they people who can't spell 'inbreds'? :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Still soaring like an eagle after tonights result? :wink:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Still soaring like an eagle after tonights result? :wink:

An fragile eagle that's just been shot and is now in the sea with the seagulls picking at the bones