13»

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Uncleiven wrote:
    Can we have more pics please :)

Off to Seattle tomorrow but here is one for now:
    IMG_2683.jpg

What's going on here. Are you Chris Froome?
  • trixy372
    trixy372 Posts: 105
    Oh my days!!! Stunning bike I missed out on buying one of these frames when they first came out! Think the missus would kill me if was to buy one now!!! Stunning bike enjoy :D
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Well after a long time trying to actually find some where that had 2014 S-Works cranks in stock I now have some of them and a S-Works Carbon spider waiting for me to collect in New York next week. Saved a huge amount on them (came in under half the UK price. Just need another pair now for the SL-4!). In the meantime after reading the glowing reviews off NapoleonD and others on the Praxis rings I decided they were the only ones to go for so I picked these up:
    6FA476DC-2C06-4448-B824-4CD8670CD3AB.jpg
    Cannot wait to get it down from the loft, build it back up and take it for a ride again.

Rick - I have a spare (new) S-Works carbon 130mm spider if you're interested. And an unused 53 Sworks ring. And the special spider tool!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    What's the score with the Praxis rings that makes them so good - serious question.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    Jesus, proper nice! I've seen your Bronson and Soul but didn't realise you had these as well.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    fat_homer wrote:
    Jesus, proper nice! I've seen your Bronson and Soul but didn't realise you had these as well.

Ha ha, thanks!

I have about 11 bikes in total, ranging from 1993/4 Fat Chance Mountain bikes (got 5 Fats), a 1997 GT Zaskar to modern MTB's and Road Bikes. I should thin them out a bit but you can never have too many!

Here is a pic with one missing and the old SL-4:

P1030649.jpg
  • Dick Scruttock
    What's the score with the Praxis rings that makes them so good - serious question.

I genuinely do not know. People seem to rave about them so I thought it was worth trying them over other options.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    fat_homer wrote:

Ha ha, thanks!

I have about 11 bikes in total, ranging from 1993/4 Fat Chance Mountain bikes (got 5 Fats), a 1997 GT Zaskar to modern MTB's and Road Bikes. I should thin them out a bit but you can never have too many!

Here is a pic with one missing and the old SL-4:

P1030649.jpg

How could that not be anyone's dream collection? Amazing! :shock:

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • I have to say, wow! what a collection.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • Good Grief Charlie Brown!

Agree about the Zipp decals though- would look even better (if that's possible), with some custom green edged decals rather than the white.......or better still, get rid of the decals altogether!
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    What a line up :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Its like an expensively assembled Premier League Team.
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Dick Scruttock
    Cannot wait to get home and get these fitted :D :
    0b393c3ea6d33974bb6c26d8a2a89a9d.jpg
    3fd32ba38adc176725607d2397e2d830.jpg
  • Dick Scruttock
    Got the chainset fitted and took it for the first spin of the year yesterday:
    DFD0B1E1-1C17-4428-90DB-B99D9AE06657.jpg
    EA5B0CFE-4345-4855-82A3-87EF278FC0E3.jpg
    Shifting is very good but with Di2 it always is. It will be interesting to see how the Praxis rings work with DA9000 on my SL-4.

I'd forgotten just how quick the bike is. It was great to get out on it again, I'm looking forward to my next ride on it already.
  • ExigeR
    ExigeR Posts: 120
    :shock: Best bike on here end of.....

Sent you a PM Rick
  • Looks great Rick.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    gosh.
  • Wow, that is an amazing collection of amazing bikes. I had a Soul long ago and it was a brilliant bike!

The Venge is just beautiful as well. Wish I had a budget for something like that!
  • Kylabr88
    Kylabr88 Posts: 35
    What was the weight of the complete build?
  • Got the chainset fitted and took it for the first spin of the year yesterday:
    DFD0B1E1-1C17-4428-90DB-B99D9AE06657.jpg
    EA5B0CFE-4345-4855-82A3-87EF278FC0E3.jpg
    Shifting is very good but with Di2 it always is. It will be interesting to see how the Praxis rings work with DA9000 on my SL-4.

I'd forgotten just how quick the bike is. It was great to get out on it again, I'm looking forward to my next ride on it already.

Rick, youll have to let me know how the rings do I've just ordered the same for my DA Venge :)
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    Normally I don't like the look of Specialized road machines, but after seeing this! :shock:

That is probably the sexiest looking bike I have ever seen- bravo!
    :D