fogging goggles remedy?

mike hunts alpine
mike hunts alpine Posts: 765
edited May 2014 in MTB buying advice
Is there some secret to stopping goggles fogging tried them really tight really loose In Between but having to take them off as they just fog the fuck up grrr.? Some kind of product I can buy to stop it?

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    edited April 2014
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What googles are you using?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I spit in mine, but that is for diving so.....
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Only put them on when you're ready to roll. Keeping moving keeps air flowing through them and stops them misting.
    I use Fox Main goggles and their as good as any, shame you can't get lenses any more.
  • Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    I use Muc-Off anti-fog. Improves things, but it's not perfect.
    Rockmonkey is right though. You will have to get into the habit of removing your googles the minute you stop moving for any length of time.
    I have to do the same with my snowboard goggles too.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • bailsofhay
    bailsofhay Posts: 191
    I used to use Cat Crap anti fog when I lived in the states though I think you can get it here as well, worked pretty well although I think it was the name that sold it for me.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,515
    I used to use this stuff for my motorbike helmet before I got a pinlock visor and it was by far the best stuff I used. I had the bottle to apply at home and kept one of the individual wipes tucked into the liner of the helmet in case I ever needed to re-apply when I was out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FOGTECH-SOLUTIO ... B001JR4CIO
  • fielonator
    fielonator Posts: 100
    Try some baby shampoo. I've used this for both swimming and land-based goggles and it works a treat. First make sure the insides of the lenses are clean, then smear a very small amount of baby shampoo mixed in water on the lenses. Leave this to dry. Once it's dried try not to touch the lenses.

It's probably similar to a proper anti-fog product, but you may already have some in your bathroom. Washing up liquid also works, but I wouldn't recommend using it for swimming.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Try washing up liquid neat, just get a small amount on a cloth and rub it all over the inside of the lenses. Use this when scuba diving and it works a treat.

If they are double layered lenses (I have no idea), keep them indoors rather than in a shed/garage/car. If the thin layer of air between the lenses gets cold it will fog a lot worse when your sweaty face is warming the air inside the goggles.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets