Help me....

andrewthomas197
andrewthomas197 Posts: 117
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Right I have decided I hate choice, this decision is driving me mad.

Here's the thing, I have a budget of £3500 and for the life of me I can't decide what to buy. The stupid thing is everything I have been looking at I would be more than happy with and I kind of wish someone would just go ahead and buy something for me, it would be easier.

I don't plan to race, I ride most days when I'm home, longer rides on the weekends, the odd Sportive and charity ride and I try to go to climb some mountains once or twice a year.

So far the shortlist is:

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX
Rose CRS
BMC Teammachine
Focus Izalco
Cervelo R3 (but it needs some red on it and should have 3T finishing kit)
Colnago CX-Zero (but this should have Campagnolo groupset)

So please, please help with the suggestions above and any other suggestions you may have.

One with the most votes wins, I think.

PS....have ridden all the ones that I can and this hasn't really helped, they were all great.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod should be on there. I've ridden the 2014 one and it is sexy.
  • I'd go for something a bit more relaxed geo, synapse or domane etc.

Otherwise the Canyon, BMC or SS Evo in no particular order….
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • btiratsoo
    btiratsoo Posts: 204
    Argon 18 gets my vote now being the proud owner of one. They do a limited off the shelf bike range but mainly custom. Where abouts do you live mate as I have a lot of weekday free time if you ever fancy a ride.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Rose, you'll get so much more for your money.
  • Domane 5.9
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    http://www.zeevon.com/cycle/bikes/mens- ... -ace-20144

3650 with code Extra15 before 9am tomorrow
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Easy

Rourke 953 custom frame and fork
    Athena or chorus group set
    handbuilt wheels - Record hubs and Architype rims
    3t finishing kit
    San Marco regale saddle

you will have to choose the paint scheme though :lol:
  • pkripper
    pkripper Posts: 652
    giant propel advanced 2
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    That's hard!
    I'm also looking for a lightweight climbing frame and am now looking at the BMC Team machine and the Cervelo R3. As far as I'm aware the R3 is slightly taller than the BMC but still gives a racy position but might be slightly more comfortable to super long rides. Unfortunately the new frame is much more expensive than the SLR02 at £3k and you'd prob's want to put a nice pair of wheels on top.

Or there's the SLR02 105 model, £500 for Ultegra to fit yourself (and you get a spare 105) then a nice set of wheels. Seems bizarre but it's cheaper with Evans at least to buy the 105 model and then buy Ultegra and the 11 compatible wheels than it is to buy the Ultegra SLR02!

Unfortunately I can't stretch to the new R3 frame at the moment so it's looking like the BMC for me- but if you can I'd go and have a test of both and see which you prefer- either way I doubt you'll be dissapointed.
  • ddcookson
    ddcookson Posts: 34
    If it matters to you to see your bike crossing the line on TV in first place every other day in July then go for the Canyon.

Great value, great looks, great ride!!

The End!!
  • snakedoc
    snakedoc Posts: 200
    Canyon Ultimate CF SLX for me as they are great frames and you get a good spec for your £
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    You see everyone has a different opinion based on what they have tried. Given you have riden them all either do a eeny meenie miney mo do decide or pick the one you like the look of the most.

If a £3k bike does not feel great there is something wrong. For me it is my Sannino or the Genesis Volare 953 that I am lusting after.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Thanks to everyone.