Rockshox sid 120 rct3

paul20v
paul20v Posts: 267
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi
As title i have a set of 2013 rockshox sid rct3 120mm forks
I havent had them long but i feel the rebound isnt very good
Im running them at 80psi and 20% sag
I have wound the rebound right up but there still doesnt seem to be much rebound compared to other forks ive owned .

I bought them from on one 2 weeks ago and have been in contact with them but it has got to the point where they want them back , this is a pain as i use the bike daily as my commuter and at present have no other way of getting to work

So my question is can i increase the oil weight , if i can does anyone know where i can get a spec sheet so i know what weight they have in from the factory
And also is this a common rockshox problem its my first set
Many thanks
Paul

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The rebound is plain too fast? The oil weight is designed to be a certain weight in this damper.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or reading it the other way round, are they rebounding too slowly?
    In which case reduce the amount of damping (toward rabbit if they still use that)
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    Hi
    The rebound is too fast and not doing a lot beween right off and right on
    Yeah they still use the rabbit and tortoise problem is the tortoise is damn near as fast as the rabbit :D
    I was hoping for a quick fix Hence the thread
    I know on one will sort it just time isnt on my side .
  • Solo air or dual ? Got same fork 2012 version . I have fitted titanium damper retrospectively but even on original damper there was an obvious difference from fast to slow.
  • abarth_1200
    abarth_1200 Posts: 370
    I have a 2011 set of these, thought a lower leg seal would loosen them up (I know it's nothing to do with rebound)

But like you say nothing much happens between the 7 clicks between rabbit and tortoise and when you do reach either end of the scale it's like an on/off switch