noobie

dawn_fire
dawn_fire Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Women
Hi I am new to this, I've recently purchased a bike and I am currently breaking myself in round local parks getting use to bike and gradients but getting bored of this.... Need to get out and hit some trails but first I'm in need if some advice from fellow mtb.. I live in SE London and need some advice on beginner type trails. I'm even looking into signing up for some courses any female mtb will be gratefully received!!!

Comments

• mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    Wish I could help, but we are down in Devon
    But well done, and have fun!!
    Just wish my health would behave so I could be out more myself!
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Check for local mountain bike clubs, trail centres and the web generally. Google maps satellite view is good for seeing if trails are any good without going there.
  • Kate_Guyana
    Kate_Guyana Posts: 56
    Bit of a late reply, but I can highly recommend a blue trail at swinley for a beginner. You can get the train direct from London to Martin's Heron and ride to it from there.
  • steelo
    steelo Posts: 542
    To be honest your best bet would be to go along to your LBS (local bike shop) and enquire as to whether they have a group of new/novice riders who will take you out and show you some trails. Most decent bike shops will share this sort of information and will either have their own group or know of one or a group of people who can help.

I'm just getting my missus into MTB'ing but even riding down kerbs is quite extreme for her at the moment (she hasn't ridden a bike in nearly 10 years)!
    Specialized Rockhopper '07
    Trek Fuel EX8 '09