Ricco

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited May 2014 in Pro race
Oi very

Trafficking, eh?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    iainf72 wrote:
    Oi very

Trafficking, eh?

Is it trafficking? Google translate isnt helping much
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    So is this 20 questions? Do we have to guess what you're talking about?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?pa ... 67736&tp=n

The gist of it being that Ricco was arrested after procuring what is suspected to be drugs from a chemist.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Paulie W wrote:
    So is this 20 questions? Do we have to guess what you're talking about?

New Richie Rich doping story. sounds like he might be the supplier as opposed to the end consumer in this one. Oh well only manufacturing to go for a full set of jerseys
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • iainf72
    The Italians nabbed some people for supplying doping products

One of the customer was Ricco.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I reckon he is just a front man for Cipo's steroids et al.
    mario.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    He was obviously preparing to set those record times on climbs

But he's Italian so it's cool.
  • Yellow Peril
    Looks more like a "Cippo-endale" in that photo

EDIT black socks:FAIL
    @JaunePeril

• Richmond Racer
    Looks more like a "Cippo-endale" in that photo

EDIT black socks:FAIL

He certainly looks like a teak sideboard
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Even the other Italians in that photo are thinking that that's a little too much... ;)

Ricco has a real problem I'm afraid...It's actually rather sad if you think about it.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    mario.png

That pic needs the music from the Salice ads.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    Even the other Italians in that photo are thinking that that's a little too much... ;)

Ricco has a real problem I'm afraid...It's actually rather sad if you think about it.

It is, really. He was supposedly introduced to dope as a junior in his mid-teens - and of course, there's no naming of who provided that kind service.
  • Yellow Peril
    ddraver wrote:

It is, really. He was supposedly introduced to dope as a junior in his mid-teens - and of course, there's no naming of who provided that kind service.

I think we've said before he doesn't seem that far away from Pantani. All these busts must be taking their toll mentally.
    @JaunePeril

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I find it comforting that while he is now able to order from the à la carte menu, he's still plumping for the old favourites EPO and testosterone. Maybe one day people will realise the idea that there's always a newer better drug is cow poo.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Its almost as if he's not even trying to hide any more YP...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    RichN95 wrote:
    I find it comforting that while he is now able to order from the à la carte menu, he's still plumping for the old favourites EPO and testosterone. Maybe one day people will realise the idea that there's always a newer better drug is cow poo.

Bingo. Absolutely.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Wow. What a spiral. Ricco should be pitied now.

This is going in a bad direction.
  • Yellow Peril
    Wow. What a spiral. Ricco should be piti now.

This is going in a bad direction.

I agree but I couldn't resist the FTFY
    @JaunePeril

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    The_Boy wrote:
    mario.png

That pic needs the music from the Salice ads.

With Rui Costa doing the voice over for a Eurotrash full house.

Do you think Cipo realises those guys are laughing at him? (Where is that anyway, I'm trying to work it out with the bridge and the palm trees and the yellow i.e. not European road markings).

As for Ricco it actually is getting a little sad now.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Technically Ricco' is innocent. The law states that you cannot buy or use substances to enhance the performance in a race. Ricco' is banned until 2024 and therefore not able to compete and therefore the specific charge cannot apply. He might be charged for other reasons, like buying drugs without a prescription but I suspect as a charge is not worth the Judges time
    left the forum March 2023
  • RichN95.
    Technically Ricco' is innocent. The law states that you cannot buy or use substances to enhance the performance in a race. Ricco' is banned until 2024 and therefore not able to compete and therefore the specific charge cannot apply. He might be charged for other reasons, like buying drugs without a prescription but I suspect as a charge is not worth the Judges time
    So you reckon that an athlete serving a two year ban has a carte blanche to do what he likes in those two years to assist his training as he can't compete? I very much doubt that's the case.
  • Richmond Racer
    12 years, Rich!

Ricco didnt do things by half
  • RichN95.
    12 years, Rich!

Ricco didnt do things by half
    I was talking generally, not Ricco specifically.
  • ugo.santalucia
    I don't have an opinion, I am just reading in what the law currently is in Italy. Whether Ricco' goes to jail or not leaves me indifferent. I suspect he won't, as the law does not apply to his case. He is no longer a cyclist and will never be a cyclist again. He will be 41 when the ban ends
  • iainf72
    He's snuck into some gran fondo's hasn't he?

And he was going to keep himself in the public eye with trying to set (juiced) records on all the famous climbs. The dude is just a clown.
  • RichN95.
    I don't have an opinion, I am just reading in what the law currently is in Italy. Whether Ricco' goes to jail or not leaves me indifferent. I suspect he won't, as the law does not apply to his case. He is no longer a cyclist and will never be a cyclist again. He will be 41 when the ban ends
    I was looking at it from a WADA/CONI point of view, you're looking at it from the police point of view. I think the latter will be more interested in possession and intent to supply rather than cheating at sport.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    He's snuck into some gran fondo's hasn't he?

And he was going to keep himself in the public eye with trying to set (juiced) records on all the famous climbs. The dude is just a clown.
    Was he the one that entered a gran fondo with a fake licence with a picture of Tom Boonen? Or was that someone else? Italy, eh.
  • ugo.santalucia
    RichN95 wrote:
    I was looking at it from a WADA/CONI point of view, you're looking at it from the police point of view.

He is no longer an athlete... it would be stupid of them to waste resources in a case against Ricco'. It would have no grounds. It could be done as a retaliation, ban him for life, just in case he wants to make a comeback as a mid life crisis and ban his offspring too... but it's about time these agencies give up retaliation and focus on current matters.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    I was looking at it from a WADA/CONI point of view, you're looking at it from the police point of view.

He is no longer an athlete... it would be stupid of them to waste resources in a case against Ricco'. It would have no grounds. It could be done as a retaliation, ban him for life, just in case he wants to make a comeback as a mid life crisis and ban his offspring too... but it's about time these agencies give up retaliation and focus on current matters.
    It was the police that caught him as part of a drug dealing operation. It wasn't anything to do with anti-doping agencies.