Cornwall to Wales

vulva65
vulva65 Posts: 118
edited April 2014 in Routes
A few mates and I are planning a MTB trip from Cornwall to Brecon Beacon national park, I just wanted to know if there are any fun trails along the way that people would recommend, we've been riding Cardinham and Haldon woods and have been loving them so some similar trails would be perfect. Also has anyone ridden the beast of coed-y-brenin and is it worth the extra drive?

Cheers!

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Cwmcarn, Forest of Dean, Afan isn't too far out of the way. Nant yr Arian is a bit of a further drive past the beacons but a good loop.
  • vulva65
    welshkev wrote:
    Cwmcarn, Forest of Dean, Afan isn't too far out of the way. Nant yr Arian is a bit of a further drive past the beacons but a good loop.

Thanks for those, I'll look into them and get them added to the trip, appreciate it.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    bloody hell, I forgot bike park wales! good fun if you want a shortish sharp ride up and then some great fun descents to play about on :)
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    How long are you up there for?
    Cwmcarn, Bike Park Wales, Afan/Glyncorrwg all definitely worth a visit
    I've been up twice from South Devon over the last month (I'm also a regular visitor to Cardinham and Haldon) and they're all brilliant fun.
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • vulva65
    @jmillen we are heading up for a long weekend so will stick to South Wales no doubt. Yeah Haldon, cardinham and Lanydrock are what we have been riding each week, need some new trails to try though :)
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    You'll love it up, was such good fun and a great variety :D
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter