Bluesday

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited April 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Had yesterday off work as feeling shite, decided that as I'd gone for a ride on Sunday (despite feeling shite - I almost bloody killed myself, I sweated so much I had cramps in feet, calves, quads and 1 hip!) I should drag my sorry ass in today despite the fact that, yup, feeling shite.

More tea, more coffee, more Ibuprofen needed!

I just hope no other crudders feel this sodding bad!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    You beat me by 2 minutes. Screw you!

Morning Losers!

Slept well last night. I seem to find doing some excercise a little before bed really helps. I shall try to continue these studies and report back!

Not much happened at work yesterday, and I'm not sure much will happen today either. We're in a kind of 'limbo' position, waiting for several decisions to be made upstairs. As it stands, I'm left with suppliers asking me loads of questions and all I can say is "err, I'll get back to you on that". Really professional.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh

Another shoot sleep to be followed by work meh
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Hola beetches,

Cheeky 6am start to get the place in order before stocktaker/boss/replacement turn up. Should be out of here by 1pm then I'm finally free!

Laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning mong wits,

Today is hopefully my last day in the office then off to get the bike wrapped.

is it bed time now?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

I've got to go and do a job today that last week I basically told the guy who commissioned it to stick his head up his arse.....should be interesting :lol:

in other news I'm going to cwmcarn later with northern monkey to ride the new DH track

laters
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Matt, maybe you should try TKM's ploy of a bit of exercise before bed to help you sleep. I'm guessing he means a brisk walk before bed. Enjoy your last day Ste.
    Not much to report here. Work will mainly consist of avoiding retail punters and there silly questions.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Got rather H'd last night whilst playing skittles down the local with the cousin. Supposed to be playing tennis in half an hour, that can only go well... then later a trip down to see plod and report fucktard from yesterday and maybe a ride this afternoon.

TTFN
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Matt, maybe you should try TKM's ploy of a bit of exercise before bed to help you sleep. I'm guessing he means a brisk walk before bed.
    I went for a brisk walk when I got home from work, then when I got home I had a quick walk, then one before I went up for bed, then I lifted some weights before going to bed.

Last night was a good night.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Afternoon freaks

Still in sunny, warm, dry Cyprus. Broken plane is not too badly broken so have advised they fly home for repairs, need some grown up in the uk to approve this plan. This now means we are sat around with the possibility of getting a transport plane home saturday that is doing a tour of the uk before getting us home! Still, the booze is cheap so H'dness is only ten euros away!

Onwards to sun bathing.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Evening Gimps,

Just patched myself up after getting clipped by a van on the way home and ending up in a heap in the middle of the road. Only a few scratches and bruises, think his van came off worse as I handed him the remains of his wing mirror and noticed a few decent marks on his side panels where some part of my bike must have made contact on the way down. So we shook on it and called it quits...

Now on alcohol for medicinal purposes :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Gimps,

Just patched myself up after getting clipped by a van on the way home and ending up in a heap in the middle of the road. Only a few scratches and bruises, think his van came off worse as I handed him the remains of his wing mirror and noticed a few decent marks on his side panels where some part of my bike must have made contact on the way down. So we shook on it and called it quits...

Now on alcohol for medicinal purposes :)

Seems there's a thing with vans and crudders this week :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Yeah but you were wearing lycra so you were asking for it. Mine was just an accident :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yeah but you were wearing lycra so you were asking for it. Mine was just an accident :wink:

And I hit him by accident, whereas you......

Seriously - you ok?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Seriously - you ok?
    Yeah, got a bruise on my leg where I whacked it on the frame and a couple of messy gashes (fnarr fnarr) just below my elbow where I hit the tarmac. Plasters and antiseptic job. Happened 100 yards from work and I cycled the 12 miles home. Lucky he only clipped me though...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Seriously - you ok?
    Yeah, got a bruise on my leg where I whacked it on the frame and a couple of messy gashes (fnarr fnarr) just below my elbow where I hit the tarmac. Plasters and antiseptic job. Happened 100 yards from work and I cycled the 12 miles home. Lucky he only clipped me though...

Glad you are ok, esp as I heard today I might have an entry to ride London now.......
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Seriously - you ok?

You ok hun?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Seriously - you ok?

Glad you are ok, esp as I heard today I might have an entry to ride London now.......
    How slowly do you want to go? :D
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Seriously - you ok?

How slowly do you want to go? :D

Well obviously I imagine a night on the ale before the ride......
  • Stevo_666
    We may need to get something sorted. Although getting h'd the night before doing a 100 miler is probably not my best game plan if I want a decent time :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We may need to get something sorted. Although getting h'd the night before doing a 100 miler is probably not my best game plan if I want a decent time :)

but it would be fun :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That would be just plain silly and irresponsible. Can I come too?
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That would be just plain silly and irresponsible. Can I come too?

yep :)
  • Stevo_666
    Seems to be a Cruddie plan coming together...