Shimano 105 5800 2014/15 groupset

Tumba
Tumba Posts: 32
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/news/a ... ook-40450/

With the news that Shamano is going to offer the Shimano 105 5800
and knowing that the 105 5800 will be compatible with the new ST-RS685

Do you think Specialized, Trek, Giant, Cannodale, etc will offer carbon bikes with the Shimano 105 5800 and the ST-RS685 Hydraulic disc brakes in 2015?

Any insider information on the 2015 model of bikes having this combination?

The big news is that Shimano has now expanded hydraulic disc technology to work with a mechanical drivetrain rather than the Di2-only previous components. This has been achieved by the company introducing the ST-RS685, a new dual-control lever that houses 11-speed shifting internals alongside the guts of Shimano's hydraulic brake. The 11-speed shifter can be paired with the drivetrain of Shimano’s Dura-Ace and Ultegra mechanical groups as well as this latest version of 105.

Comments

• DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    The general concensus is to not expect to be able to get a 5800 105 disc-equipped bike for under £2k.
  • Tumba
    Tumba Posts: 32
    2K to 3K is my price range and I really want a Carbon bike with 105 mechanical components and hydraulic disc breaks I am hoping 2015 is the year all the big companies offer this setup! I live in the mountains of Colorado and really want Hydraulic disc brakes!
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    Tumba wrote:
    2K to 3K is my price range and I really want a Carbon bike with 105 mechanical components and hydraulic disc breaks I am hoping 2015 is the year all the big companies offer this setup! I live in the mountains of Colorado and really want Hydraulic disc brakes!

Yes it's all gonna be catered for.
    Now go to sleep and stop posting the same question in multiple forums.
  • bob7896
    bob7896 Posts: 18
    Does anyone have an update on this?
    From what I have seen a few manufacturers are offering bikes with RS685 brakes, Raleigh and Cube. Does anyone know any more? I saw the Raleigh and Cube at the Birmingham bike show a few weeks ago.
    Does anyone know when the groupset is going to be available for general sale?
  • ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Rose are doing an ally CX bike with 2015 Ultegra and the hydraulic system for circa £1350.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax