Argon 18, Willier or Focus.....

btiratsoo
btiratsoo Posts: 204
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi people

After many hours and countless visits to shops - I even had a bike on order at one point I have managed to narrow my search down to 3 bikes. All ride well on the brief test rides. All available from the same LBS. All able to have parts changed out to ensure correct fit. The list is:

Argon 18 Krypton Ultegra
Focus Cayo EVo 2
Willier GTR Ultegra

I simply cannot decide what to do! Wallet says Focus, brain says Willier and heart says Argon 18. Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Ben

Comments

• The worst bike you'll ever buy is the one you don't want to ride.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • btiratsoo
    Thanks Sloppy. I've been having a right nightmare with bikes recently. I don't think the internet helps with choices!
  • I think you'll be happy with all 3, every time I see someone on an Argon I get that pang to buy one…...
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Dom.C
    Dom.C Posts: 18
    I had a similar choice went for the Focus, although it is a 2013 cayo evo 5 i think the spec is quite similar and they have the same frameset. I love mine, i was quite concerned it might be a bit laid back but it's really quite a racey frame should you want to ride it that way, but it is also very forgiving ride and you can easily rack up the miles. Mine was so close to call it came down to colour scheme in the end, so start getting really picky about what you want and you'll soon pick a winner.

I'm sure whichever one you pick you will love, there all top bikes made by great companies.

Don't underestimate the value of letting your wallet rule... Gives you more leftovers for upgrades :P
  • btiratsoo
    Thanks Dom. Yes I went in there to look at Focus based on the fact I liked the look of them and the great value. The Krypton blew me away though and the Willier is just as striking. I think it is time to get real shallow and get down to the looks of it all!
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    The worst bike you'll ever buy is the one you don't want to ride.
    I think this is really good advice.
    They are all great bikes so go with what one you love the look of.

I have a wilier. I love it even though it's not the lightest, most aero or raciest looking. Personally I don't like the colors of the ultegra version. I prefer the Team Columbia Centaur version, but then again I have that Jersey and think that a wilier should always have campagnolo.

The argon in all black with red bits looks lovely too. You don't see many of them around so that's another plus for me.
  • btiratsoo
    Thanks for the advice guys. I have a thread in "your road bikes" if you want to see what all the fuss was about.

Ben