1996 Diamondback Sorrento

tonyduncan
tonyduncan Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in MTB general
Hi guys and sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum for my noob question :P

I bought a Diamondback Sorrento around 1996 and used it daily for around 6 or 7 years until i began a new job. Since then it lay neglected in a spare room then later a shed. I got it sorted back up and ready for use but the handlebars seem a bit worse for wear with rust. I know they're made by Avenir but i don't know what model or kind to order as a replacement. Or would any handlebar the same length be fine?

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Just need to fit (through) your stem.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    My father is currently using one of these to get to work and back. Just make sure the bar is a 25.4mm diameter (I think) and it should be fine. I replaced the rusted old bar on my father's bike with an old one I had laying around and that worked.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yep, any standard 25.4mm bar will fit, look on ebay for one local to you, get an alloy one and you'll shed about 1/2lb as well!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    If you look around ebay you'll stand a good chance of getting a decent old one although you could find a new straight one for around a tenner mate ..
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • tonyduncan
    tonyduncan Posts: 3
    Cheers for the replies, folks. On the hunt for a new one now :)