Flickr confusion...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,341
edited April 2014 in The cake stop
Before (I don't know when 'before' is) Flickr changed things, I used to be able to right click on a picture > select size, click on size > Right click again and 'Select Image location'.

Now, it does not seem to matter what I do but in whatever mode/screen, call it what you like, I cannot seem to 'Select Image location'.

Cheers.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Is this a quiz?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    Is this a quiz?

No, feck off.

Look mate, if you're bored:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12544013

...but i'd like an answer to my conundrum.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Flickr seems to be constantly changing thesedays (for the worse) so no idea how much longer this will work, but under the current setup if you click on the image to bring it up, then just add "/sizes" on to the end of that url and load that link, it will bring up the old picture sizes screen view for that picture
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I have a significant worry that I backed the wrong horse by putting my pics on Flickr.
    It's the same feeling as when we owned a Betamax VCR.
    Can't answer your specific query but I know they are dropping functionality that doesn't tie in with their desired model. E.g. WordPress integration. Must be difficult keeping websites up to date with every media platform out there but I think giving up doing so is akin to admitting defeat.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Is this a quiz?

If it is its a feckin boring one :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    What's with this "right clicking" ? Bet your mouse has a cable!

Still have to say I'm impressed you can run windows hate on recycled cooking fat :D

And you say my choices of conveyance belong in a museum :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Before (I don't know when 'before' is) Flickr changed things, I used to be able to right click on a picture > select size, click on size > Right click again and 'Select Image location'.

Now, it does not seem to matter what I do but in whatever mode/screen, call it what you like, I cannot seem to 'Select Image location'.

Cheers.
    Are you trying to see where an image was taken where the image has been geotagged? If so it is not easy with the new interface. Or are you trying to add location data to one of your images already on Flickr?
  • wongataa wrote:

Cheers.
    Are you trying to see where an image was taken where the image has been geotagged? If so it is not easy with the new interface. Or are you trying to add location data to one of your images already on Flickr?

Just suggest that he switches it off and back on again….
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Got it.

To the right of the pic is a 'share' button. Its a small rectangle box with an arrow pointing out the top right hand corner.
    Click it, then select 'BB Code'

It should show you what type of thumbnail you want. (I got for Medium, 800x600)

Copy the long URL (I get this)
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/kwK5XH][img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3783/12818679975_74fbdd0a11_c.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/kwK5XH]IMG_1413[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/117740976@N08/]entleon[/url], on Flickr

Chop out the bit you want for the image
    12818679975_74fbdd0a11_c.jpg

and you're away.

Now just to decide if I want to pay £550 for that bike or not.
  • coriordan wrote:

and you're away.

Buy it, it comes with stabilisers
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    coriordan wrote:

and you're away.

Buy it, it comes with stabilisers
    Max Clifford could have a lot of fun with that saddle too.
  • pinno
    I see Coridordan what you meant by 'chopping bits out'.

Thanks.

Yes, buy the Colnago, it's gorgeous. When I win the lottery, I want a Master Olympic with it's long point chrome lugs.