Another one added to the family

Boxsters
Boxsters Posts: 325
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
I had no intention of buying it but when I was offered a shop display frame one thing led to another and now I have 2.

The weight is about the same (14.9 lbs) as its younger and newer brother so it would have been pretty light with full Dura Ace.

Now I can only keep one so which one will it be ????

14059256253_d35492dba8_c.jpg

10406304863_2740d7724c_c.jpg

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Keep the one you like most. Or create a "best of" bike with the best things from both bikes, and sell the other.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Keep the one with the saddle pointed down at a weird angle.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I'm a fan of the gunmetal grey r3 personally. But I would also suggest combining the two bikes
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • That 2010 R3 SL is one of the nicest made, stick the Mavic SLR's on that and get rid of the newer one….
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    NO......keep them both, you can never have too many bikes.. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Negative - sell one and buy something else completely different: you need n+1 but not two basically exactly the same..........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    That 2010 R3 SL is one of the nicest made, stick the Mavic SLR's on that and get rid of the newer one….

This.

You'd have a cracking bike then :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    The correct number of bikes is known to be n+1. What you have here is n squared.
    It's madness and I suggest you give one of them to me to redress the balance.
    Either one will do :D
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Boxsters
    Boxsters Posts: 325
    Thanks for the offer Crescent and for the other feedback.

I like the R3 SL because they are pretty rare and it has a standard bb which means I have a choice of chainsets. I agree it would look good with the slr wheels so I will give it a go this weekend. If I like it then I will fit the Titanium skewers and some latex tubes and I should have a bike around 14.5 lbs.

The R3 I also like and if I keep that I will fit the zipp stem, seatpost and romin pro saddle. I will also if the latex tubes for comfort.

Both are very nice and the geo is fairly similar. I'm not a bad rider but in a blindfold test I bet I couldn't tell which one I was riding. Will the R3 SL have dated , I very much doubt it.

The one thing that keeps calling me back the the R3 is Full Warranty !!
  • Sell them both and buy a Wilier! :D

Seriously though...both are stunning bikes you'll probably never reach the limit of, so go with your heart....
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I do really like these Cervelo's...