My new BMC Team Machine SLR02

anthonysjb
anthonysjb Posts: 53
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
HX2gfld.jpg

My new 54cm SLR02. Soon to have a DA 9000 chainset (works with 5700) and a Fizik Arione saddle, don't like the current one at all.

First impressions, it's brilliant. Feels really responsive, stiff yet compliant compared to my old TCR Advanced.

Apologies for the non-OCP photo, better ones will come when I get the upgrades I'm waiting for.

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Nice bike....although it is almost camouflaged against the brickwork :wink:
    Enjoy.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I really do like these bikes, really do it for me
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Great looking bike, or it will be when that DA chainset is on. I was looking at the picture thinking the existing chainset is letting it down but you had already planned the change!
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Something about BMC bikes, really like them. Nice one :)
  • rnarito
    rnarito Posts: 20
    Beauty!
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    I was so close to buying a BMC but ended up with a Neil Pryde, there's is something about their bikes. Enjoy!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Thanks for the positive replies guys! Can't wait to put some more miles on it!
  • naked_ollie
    naked_ollie Posts: 123
    Hey anthonysjb - really interested in one of these for myself. Can I ask how you find the fit, and what sort of height/measurements are you? Cheers!
  • Hals1967
    Hals1967 Posts: 231
    Very nice...welcome to BMC land :)

1967 Engine
  • Hey anthonysjb - really interested in one of these for myself. Can I ask how you find the fit, and what sort of height/measurements are you? Cheers!

Well, I'm 178cm. I originally ordered the 57cm model as per the recommendation on the BMC site, but changed this to the 54cm. Fits great. Rode 60km on it today, extremely comfortable, reach is fine for me. Lovely lovely bike.
  • Hals1967 wrote:
    Very nice...welcome to BMC land :)

:mrgreen:
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    If you bought a 52cm then i could have babysat it for you. ;)
    Hope you clock up many happy miles this year :)
  • naked_ollie
    naked_ollie Posts: 123
    anthonysjb wrote:
    Hey anthonysjb - really interested in one of these for myself. Can I ask how you find the fit, and what sort of height/measurements are you? Cheers!

Well, I'm 178cm. I originally ordered the 57cm model as per the recommendation on the BMC site, but changed this to the 54cm. Fits great. Rode 60km on it today, extremely comfortable, reach is fine for me. Lovely lovely bike.

Ahh interesting info, thanks. I'm about your height too and would have gone for the 57 based on the same info you were looking at. I guess a test ride is the only way to be sure. Did you actually receive the 57 and then change it?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    like that :D:D
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    anthonysjb wrote:

Ahh interesting info, thanks. I'm about your height too and would have gone for the 57 based on the same info you were looking at. I guess a test ride is the only way to be sure. Did you actually receive the 57 and then change it?

I'm about 181cm and ride a 57cm Roadracer (SLR predecessor with very similar geometry) and it fits great.

I guess it comes down to personal preference, and at around our height we're around the border size-wise. So trying one out might be a good idea...
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • anthonysjb wrote:

Nope, I looked at the geometry versus other bikes and what I ride at the moment, reach was too long for me on the 57cm and the stem is longer on it too.
  • Nice bike... really like them. Nice one

Berita Forex Today
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Like it :)
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    Very nice bike!
    I also seem to have fallen under BMC's spell and am hoping to buy one of these later in the year as my first 'nice' bike. I hope they ride as well as they look! :D
  • They do!