Where is VTech ?

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited April 2014 in The cake stop
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive, well and revived after an 8 day break with the family, so here is a short extract from the past week and a half.

Took a cab to Birmingham Airport and were greeted with these:

9lda.jpg

Arrived at Dubai Airport and collected our car:

smp7o.jpg

We went directly to the hotel and went to bed.

Following day we took the kids to the Wild Wadi Waterpark outside our hotel, you can see it in the background here:

py7k.jpg

Again we then had an easy night but the next day the wife fancied some shopping so we went to the mall:
We were greeted with these outside the front,
6utz.jpg
fzy7.jpg
Then within,
bi82.jpg

We managed to comp some rink seats to watch the hockey match:
qljj.jpg
That was our first hockey match and was very good!
So, back to shopping, the wife is a nightmare for bags and picked up these:
A nice Gucci Bag,
41mj.jpg
And Hermes Burkin,
izr1.jpg
I made do with a new watch, I got two actually but don’t have a direct pic:
jx2x.jpg
Living MY dream.

Comments

• VTech
    The mall is a wonderful place, full of entertainment for the kids and a remarkable building.
    bi82.jpg
    We finished the day by taking the kids to the indoor Ski Centre for some tobogganing:
    m1tl.jpg
    Woke up the next day to a decent view:
    9vd6.jpg

Problem was, I had to work today so off I went:
    Started off with an Aventador,
    2ng14.jpg
    Then a Super Trofeo,
    ofjn.jpg
    A yellow Aventador,
    ilvx.jpg

And a Bugatti Veyron,
    r4il.jpg
    Out of the blue I had to also do this, a lovely 458,
    uuhw.jpg

The weather was really hot:
    f5f3.png
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    So I left and went back to the hotel and chilled by the pool for an hour then we all got ready and went to the Burj Khalifa to have a meal overlooking the fountains:
    4b9x.jpg
    5edu.jpg
    The following day the kids decided they wanted to go up the Burj so we took them, the view was pretty decent.
    l9dl.jpg
    The next day I had to go to the Royal Palace, I can only show this pic as for obvious reasons I can show no others:
    yqyf.jpg
    It was an amazing place, probably one of the most beautiful buildings I’ve ever been in.

We chilled for a few days and then decided to go Dune Bashing so headed up to Sharjah:
    n2wo.jpg
    We ended the night with a stopover at the Desert Camp for food:

9df8.jpg
    du9j.jpg
    And watched the sunset over the desert:
    7jux.jpg
    OH, and did I mention the weather?
    It was hot!!!
    f5f3.png

I’m back home now, it’s cold and raining and I’m back to earth ready to start work next week.

For anyone remotely interested, I can really recommend Dubai, it’s not the most common of holiday destinations for brits but at the same price as a decent trip to Spain, I can honestly say this is a fantastic alternative and will give a whole different outlook on life.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Does the watch you wear say much about you? :lol::lol::lol:

jx2x.jpg:wink:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Hope you and yours enjoyed the break.
    Glad you're back to liven things up.
    I am sure you have missed the dazzling wit and sparkling repartee of this place. :roll:
  • VTech
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Hope you and yours enjoyed the break.
    Glad you're back to liven things up.
    I am sure you have missed the dazzling wit and sparkling repartee of this place. :roll:

Cheers :)
    The break was great, its the first time I've taken the whole family with me on a busman's and it was great.
    The watch (according to my wife) would say I have bad taste but you all knew that anyway :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    hurrah!

but the watch, no, just no

did they enjoy the aquarium?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    :D Love it!!!
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    The indoor ski slope is a bit nuts there, especially given the outside weather and what some of the locals wear when they do ski. Was fun to stop over and have a go when I went to japan a few years ago.

Can't say hublot have made a watch I like even if they are good watch makers, friend loves his though. I'll keep my audemars Piguet extr slim ;)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Two questionable aspects for me with that desert camp, the first is it's positioned under the flightpath to DXB and the second was we had booked an overnight stay in the desert. I was looking forward to a million stars and a Bedouin tent with copious cushions a half decent bed. Imagine my surprise when we were shown a shed with a few manky carpets to sleep on. Oh and we had a guard as well.

Knocked that on the head and went back to the hotel. Dubai is great if you want some summer sun and the Jumeriah chain is certainly up there with the best.

Great first post though! Tell me one thing, did you go just to take pictures to post up on here? :twisted:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    But did you get any cycling in?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stylish! The re-entry to BR I mean - not the tacky bling! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • VTech
    Slowmart wrote:
    Two questionable aspects for me with that desert camp, the first is it's positioned under the flightpath to DXB and the second was we had booked an overnight stay in the desert. I was looking forward to a million stars and a Bedouin tent with copious cushions a half decent bed. Imagine my surprise when we were shown a shed with a few manky carpets to sleep on. Oh and we had a guard as well.

Knocked that on the head and went back to the hotel. Dubai is great if you want some summer sun and the Jumeriah chain is certainly up there with the best.

Great first post though! Tell me one thing, did you go just to take pictures to post up on here? :twisted:

I know what you mean about the flight path, we could make out the numbers of the airplanes !!! Kids loved that though.
    We didn't actually stop in camp overnight, we drove back to the hotel. We did see masses of stars though, but nothing like I see back home in the UK.
    I actually took pics for a photo book, I started doing them a few years ago on iTunes and they are great value as I've lost digital images over the years and now have photo books when we all go away. I kept some of the really vulgar pictures to myself as I don't think the forum can sustain them at the moment :wink:
    Living MY dream.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Any jobs going at your place VTech? :D

Does it matter that I know f all about flash cars? :wink:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,452
    They could have cleared the previous passenger's colostomy bag of your seat before you boarded the plane!
This discussion has been closed.