Reverb Warrenty

lugsey2k5
lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
edited April 2014 in MTB general
Hello.

My Reverb stealth needs a warranty repair due to sagging half an inch with weight on it.

I bought it from Bike.discount but was wondering if i found a bike shop happy to return it to fishers outdoor will they deal with the issue rather than send it back via Germany taking longer.

Bike.discount have offered a free postage label but im more concerned about the time it will take. I am happy to pay the postage to send it in the uk.

Any one had any similar issues or know more about Sram Warrenty.

Thanks

Ian

Comments

• mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    It'll almost certainly have to go through a German dealer. Warranty for items like this is done in house by the country distributor so they will need a receipt before they spend their time on something. Sadly, this is a problem with buying online.
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    ^^^^^ what they said!

Unless you contact fishers and ask them the question to see if they'll accept a direct return.
  • theraggyone
    theraggyone Posts: 147
    i got mine warrantied through bike discount , it took 2.5 weeks door to door and I ended up with a brand new boxed reverb instead of the oem one I had before. mine had exactly the same fault your describing, I was well chuffed with the result , I had already used it for 13 months :D
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    SRAM warranty is international so Fishers should do it, but you have to find a willing LBS to send it back to them first. Probably as much hassle as sending back to B-D though.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Fisher will not deal with you direct they tell you to go directly to the shop you bought it from. I had exactly this issue and I had bought mine from hibike.de they sent me a new post immediately if I agreed to pay the postage back, which meant I was never without a post. Great service really happy with that. I guess you could take it to a uk lbs, but I wouldn't expect top service if you bought the post from an online retailer and not supported them locally. I wouldn't Blaim them either