Back Wheel: Syncros RR1.5
Rim: 46mm
Spokes: DT Swiss Aerocomp, T-Head
Hub: CNC Machined Alloy Body, DT Swiss internals
Tube: Continental Race 28 Light
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX Folding Tyre 700 x 23 Graphite

Accessories: Internal Seat Post Mounted Di2 battery, 3T Carbon Bottle Holders

Weight: Frame 1395g, Seatpost 260g, Fork 390g

My new bike for the summer, I sourced the parts and then had the bike built. Very pleased with the finished result, rides like a dream.

Comments

• Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Frame is really stunning, I like the seat post clamp, very tidy
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    Your grass needs a trim, as does that steerer column. ;)
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • trooperk
    trooperk Posts: 189

At lease no tw@t has come here and say "slam that stem"
    Specialized-The clitoris of bikes.
  • Niccee!
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    trooperk wrote:

At lease no tw@t has come here and say "slam that stem"

Erm.....erm.....well the front end is on the high side.....

Nice bike though
  • Why is that Di2 cable so long, can you hang your washing on it?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mekong_velo
    mekong_velo Posts: 102
    Nice, very nice steed.

Enjoy !
    Cervelo R3
    Tarmac Elite
  • Nice
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Lovely bike. Headset spacers look to be right on the recommended limit?
  • gr5673
    gr5673 Posts: 42
    Love the frame, looks stunning!! Great bike
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    That is lovely...
  • What's the ride like? I'm picking up my 2012 Scott Foil 15 Di2 (Westbrook special) from my local LBS who are building it up next weekend and can't wait - Pics to follow once I've got it back.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Do like Scott bikes, especially Foils. Looks great
  • I do hope you're losing at least 50% of those spacers?

And yes, I'm talking about the ones below the stem!
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    How do you find the ride?

Looks sooooo nice.
    I was looking at a Foil frame-set build in silver, but have been put off by the reviews about its unforgiving ride. I guess this is a racer pure and simple.
  • Don't be put off by the reviews about an unforgiving ride, I haven't noticed any major difference compared to my other road bike. Maybe my bum has more padding than the reviewers.....

If you are thinking of going ahead with a Foil frame bike build i would recommend it, the bike feels responsive, has great acceleration and climbs great.

what Foil frame were you looking at?
  • I thought my stem would garner attention but just to put your minds at ease, I will be getting it cut very soon.

The photos were taken fresh from the build and I wanted to make sure the stem height was ok and comfortable before I made the snip, following the wise old saying "measure twice, cut once" :D
  • pippi_langsamer-2
    pippi_langsamer-2 Posts: 1,470
    edited April 2014
    I thought my stem would garner attention but just to put your minds at ease, I will be getting it cut very soon.

The photos were taken fresh from the build and I wanted to make sure the stem height was ok and comfortable before I made the snip, following the wise old saying "measure twice, cut once" :D

But are you leaving that amount of spacers below the stem?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Looks nice. I'm surprised by the weight, especially of the frame, seat post, fork combo.
  • I thought my stem would garner attention but just to put your minds at ease, I will be getting it cut very soon.

But are you leaving that amount of spacers below the stem?

Maybe, maybe not. Will get the excess cut away and then experiement from there
  • rickeverett
    Don't be put off by the reviews about an unforgiving ride, I haven't noticed any major difference compared to my other road bike. Maybe my bum has more padding than the reviewers.....

If you are thinking of going ahead with a Foil frame bike build i would recommend it, the bike feels responsive, has great acceleration and climbs great.

Cheers, I have seen this :
    http://www.cycledivision.co.uk/product- ... id353.html

Was thinking of building one up.

But I have also got my heart set on a Rose bike- everything in one and not so much a all out racer.
  • richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    I have just built this up after buying the frame and group set from Westbrook cycles. It is a brilliant ride and that's on terrible irish roads. Its a little firmer than my other bike but not unforgiving and certainly feels quicker.
  • Don't be put off by the reviews about an unforgiving ride, I haven't noticed any major difference compared to my other road bike. Maybe my bum has more padding than the reviewers.....

But I have also got my heart set on a Rose bike- everything in one and not so much a all out racer.

Thats a great price for the frame and the groupset. I would be sorely tempted if i was you, as you are getting a lot of bang for your buck. Obviously depends what you are after and your budget :D
  • rickeverett
    Don't be put off by the reviews about an unforgiving ride, I haven't noticed any major difference compared to my other road bike. Maybe my bum has more padding than the reviewers.....

Thats a great price for the frame and the groupset. I would be sorely tempted if i was you, as you are getting a lot of bang for your buck. Obviously depends what you are after and your budget :D

Yeah its so tempting. I wanted to do out this summer with the current bike I have now but some offers just take you.

Trouble with that is decent wheels and finishing kit are a must which will take it closer to the £2K mark.

Yeah its so tempting. I wanted to do out this summer with the current bike I have now but some offers just take you.

Trouble with that is decent wheels and finishing kit are a must which will take it closer to the £2K mark.

I agree, you would be looking at around the 2K mark.....however I don't think you would regret the extra outlay. It really is a great frame to ride, and scour eBay for the finishing kit, I got some great bargains on my saddle and carbon handlebars.
  • -=Slacker=-
    -=Slacker=- Posts: 24
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but here's a teaser of my 2012 Scott Foil 15. I got the frame and groupset from Westbrook Cycles and then picked up the wheels, stem and handlebars from eBay. All the other bits have been picked up as I went along. I finally get to pick it up from Woodrup Cycles in Leeds on Saturday as they are cutting the steerer down and I'll create a full thread then.....

IMG_0373_zps077c7aa0.jpg
  • Slo Mo Jones
    Slo Mo Jones Posts: 272
    How do you find the ride?

Looks sooooo nice.
    I was looking at a Foil frame-set build in silver, but have been put off by the reviews about its unforgiving ride. I guess this is a racer pure and simple.

I have recently upgraded from a £550 raleigh to a Foil. Compared to a low end alu bike it floats over the road. And it goes like sh it from a shovel.
  • Slo Mo Jones
    Slo Mo Jones Posts: 272
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but here's a teaser of my 2012 Scott Foil 15. I got the frame and groupset from Westbrook Cycles and then picked up the wheels, stem and handlebars from eBay. All the other bits have been picked up as I went along. I finally get to pick it up from Woodrup Cycles in Leeds on Saturday as they are cutting the steerer down and I'll create a full thread then.....

IMG_0373_zps077c7aa0.jpg

It's a beauty.

Not a fan of the tyres, mind.
  • -=Slacker=-
    -=Slacker=- Posts: 24

IMG_0373_zps077c7aa0.jpg

It's a beauty.

Not a fan of the tyres, mind.

To be honest neither am I, but they came with the wheels off eBay so, as they're pretty good, I thought I would run them into the floor :D