TFI Friday!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

It's only been a 3 days week for me, but I'm glad it's over!

Well I've got myself busy outside of work, now I'm on a PCC and I'm in a committe organising a camp for children. Much more fun than my normal job! I've then been asked to write a report about something for someone else, which I'm looking forward to rather than work!

Today, boring work, followed by a trip over to Bury for the weekend.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Fryday = bacons*

*and it's collegues sauasage, egg, beans, hash brown and black pudding

With that and coffee - sorted!

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning mong bummers.

Today we have water at work so i can take a dump on work time! wooop.

in other news there is now a carbon Foxy so it follows there wil be a carbon dune.. i think i ordered to early darn it!

laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning slags,

T-4 and counting. Work are still trying to persuade me to stay even though I leave on Tuesday. Taking a lieu day on Sunday so only 3 meaningful days left. That said, supposed to be on 9am-10pm today but already planned a 3pm escape!

I think it fair to say that I can no longer be arsed.

Laters
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning,
    I feel as though I've aged a year overnight, mainly because I have. So with it being Friday I'll be having fried dead pig based products and lots of cake as it's my birthday. The downside being I have to buy the cakes.
    I think I will spend most of the day avoiding anything too strenuous, like work.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Happy Birthday you old fart!

Friday going OK, have to work tomorrow but planning a bike route for Sunday!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Mor
    in other news there is now a carbon Foxy so it follows there wil be a carbon dune.. i think i ordered to early darn it!

I thought about your recent purchase when I saw they released the carbon foxy, that's kinda annoying! The difference between the two has got to be miniscule surely. Just a matter of weight
  • veronese68
    Mor

I thought about your recent purchase when I saw they released the carbon foxy, that's kinda annoying! The difference between the two has got to be miniscule surely. Just a matter of weight
    Carbon melts in the rain, much better off without it.

Thanks Rookie, that's a lot kinder than my colleagues have been.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning,
    I feel as though I've aged a year overnight, mainly because I have. So with it being Friday I'll be having fried dead pig based products and lots of cake as it's my birthday. The downside being I have to buy the cakes.
    I think I will spend most of the day avoiding anything too strenuous, like work.
    Onwards and upwards...

Happy birthday squire.

Let us get H'd!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    HB mr V, as Ste_t said, get H'd!

Hola gimps

Sat on my crack in work this morning and the bat phone goes, war machine emergency in Cyprus, i need to be there stat! So i'm off for some early sunshine, where i will no doubt burn! Have had contact with an alky mate out there who assures me i will need dialysis on my return! M'eh!

Onwards to kebabs and booze, though not as much booze as the booze meister Matthew H gets down him!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Good evening.

HBD Veronese

Had a long day today. Went to Queen Mary University in central London today for a taster course in Mechanical Engineering. I arrived there an hour and half too early so i jumped back on the tube to go to Holborn to have a look at the Cycle Surgery shop to burn some time. It was pants. There was literally 4 mountain bikes in there. And loads of road bikes which is expected. But i thought there would be loads of parts to look at and stuff. Oh well.

The Engineering taster course was decent i guess. One of the activities involed making air powered drag cars out of various bits and bobs and a choice between two coke bottles. A 2 litre, or a 500ml bottle. Unfortunately it was a group activity, so my very undeniable logic of going for the smaller bottle was over ruled by the rest of the group.

Smaller bottle = greater pressure = greater speed.

Their logic was larger bottle = more air so they can go longer. The race was literally no more than 20 feet. You dont need the longevity, you need the speed!!!

Anyway, we set to work talking about how to build the best car. They tried saying that we should just whack the axles and wheels onto the bottom and thats it. I would not be having that. So i explained to them my plans, which was having the rear axle as far back as possible, and put the wheels on the axle in such a way that the two rear wheels are as far away as possible, then for the front, a much shorter distance between the two front wheels, with the axle mounted on the neck of the bottle so that COG is lower. Putting the axles as far away as possible having a long wheelbase, and having the front wheels close together with the nose of the "car" facing down means that the car will be very stable, as appose the short wheelbase that everyone else was using.

So, first test run. Car is an absolute bullet. Running straight and fast (would have been quicker with the smaller bottle!). Everyone elses cars were dancing allover the place.

Then the other people in the team pump the car back up ready for the timed attempt, and i dont know what they did but they f**ked up the rear axle while pumping it, and when he pulled the pin out of the back of the car it went a meter and crashed. I was well pissed off... i had the best design and they killed it!!! Came 3rd out of 4. Oh well. Was fun anyway.
  • veronese68
    Thanks folks, a good idea but couldn't get hammered as I had to be a parent and get my son to sort everything out ready for an overnight hike for his Duke of Edinburgh tomorrow. Had pizza and a couple of beers though, on top of big fry up for lunch and enough cake to sink a battleship I think I did pretty well.
    Sounds like a good day GT, kind of thing my lad will probably want to do in a couple of years. Good luck with the application.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Fark me, so busy today I almost forgot to post in here!

Wales double header in 6 days time - rock on.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]