Tour of Turkey 2014, April 27-May 4 *spoiler thread*

thomthom
thomthom Posts: 3,574
edited May 2014 in Pro race
I expect big things from our very own TORKU SEKERSPOR team...

Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Colombians out because UK embassy http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-co ... isa-issues
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Ah, the annual freak show. Who will big ring their way over the mountains to victory this year before being banned a few weeks later?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    I really don't get that visa issue. Surely a tourist visa wouldn't be appropriate as they are working :?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Pross wrote:
    Ah, the annual freak show. Who will big ring their way over the mountains to victory this year before being banned a few weeks later?

This is one race for which there must never be a PTP...it'd be too stressful for the forumite adminstering it

The new annual rictual of guessing which Torku rider it will be...but what am I thinking? JJ Cobo rides for them now. Its time for Cobo to revisit his glory days
  • thomthom
    Cobo.

Hopefully Brian Holm commentates the race here. Him and his co-commentator always burst out laughing on how ridiculous his Vuelta win was. It's hilarious.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    This is one race for which there must never be a PTP...it'd be too stressful for the forumite adminstering it

Why? PTP rules are:
    Points are finalised once the race organisations publishes their results. No adjustments will be made if it later emerges that a rider has failed a drugs test or if a rider has wins retrospectively removed from his palmares.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    dish_dash wrote:

Why? PTP rules are:
    Points are finalised once the race organisations publishes their results. No adjustments will be made if it later emerges that a rider has failed a drugs test or if a rider has wins retrospectively removed from his palmares.

Ooooooh.....

COBO then

:P
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Good call.

Hoping that MTN have a good race here. Kudus but also Linus perhaps?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    They have Rebellin on the races home page.....
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    inseine wrote:
    They have Rebellin on the races home page.....

Sayar was unavailable!

On a serious note, despite the comedy climbing from Torku, I do enjoy this race. One of the most 'aesthetically pleasing' of the year.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Come on, Cobo. Win the sprint. Go big or go home
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    dish_dash wrote:
    Good call.

Hoping that MTN have a good race here. Kudus but also Linus perhaps?

Go Linus!
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
    BmOjFczCMAAqbU2.png
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    That looked comfortable.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    What happened to Greipel?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I've seen some stupid prizes in my time, but this is a new standard (Cavendish bananas I assume)

BmOmGoYCMAE18Tf.png
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    DeadCalm wrote:
    What happened to Greipel?
    He's coming back from injury so he was doing one of the early turns in the Lotto train.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    I've seen some stupid prizes in my time, but this is a new standard (Cavendish bananas I assume)

BmOmGoYCMAE18Tf.png

Crumbs, maybe OPQS are suffering from the runs and need some 'binding' so to speak?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • thomthom
    Such a weird race.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    RichN95 wrote:

BmOmGoYCMAE18Tf.png
    Ridiculously useless prize anyway, but to make it worse, according to Rob Hayles on twitter, Cav is not a fan of bananas!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    No Kittel. Not a surprise after his comments last year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    He's doing Romandie which is probably better prep for the Giro.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,032
    1491554_10152182867624492_6685296139250029012_o.jpg

Cav's banana from a different angle
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • RichN95.
    He couldn't look less comfortable if had been handed a pile a manure. Viviani looks very interested though.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    RichN95 wrote:

BmOmGoYCMAE18Tf.png
    Crumbs, maybe OPQS are suffering from the runs and need some 'binding' so to speak?
    Bananas are a speciality from around Alanya, thus why their appearance on the podium.

For a similar reason, it's possible the winner of stage 6, which finishes in Selcuk, will be given a big bowl of figs.

(Suspecting this may lead to some tactical manoeuvring as riders approach the finish line)
  • above_the_cows
    knedlicky wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

BmOmGoYCMAE18Tf.png
    Bananas are a speciality from around Alanya, thus why their appearance on the podium.

For a similar reason, it's possible the winner of stage 6, which finishes in Selcuk, will be given a big bowl of figs.

(Suspecting this may lead to some tactical manoeuvring as riders approach the finish line)

Good to know. I wonder if Cav knew he'd be getting bananas and he has a phobia, he'd have not won?
  • above_the_cows
    Final KMs of today's stage in case any of you were missing Carlton :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_IBf5dw0w
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986

What comments did he make last year?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Does the Tour of Turkey qualify as a chipper?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    TMR wrote:
    Does the Tour of Turkey qualify as a chipper?

Just about - Kind of a sub-chipper
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.