Show us your track bikes!

colm_gti
colm_gti Posts: 173
edited April 2017 in Track
Seems to be a thread for road/winter/CX/mountain bikes, but none for track!

Just picked mine up on the weekend and am chuffed with it!

So go on, show us yours!

IMG_20140303_225952_zpsigzsdbqh.jpg

Comments

• jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Here's mine: https://twitter.com/scalesjason/status/ ... 24/photo/1

Different saddle and tubs on the wheels since I took that pic, mind!

BZianIACUAAqJwe.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • AlanW
    AlanW Posts: 291
    Okay, here is mine:

FujiTrackPro1_zps19ca3c4f.jpg
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    P1010654.jpgg]
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    All are very nice bikes.

Alan, what Pro-Lite model are those? Tub/clincher? Did you weigh them?

Cheers
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • AlanW
    AlanW Posts: 291

Alan, what Pro-Lite model are those? Tub/clincher? Did you weigh them?

Cheers

They are tubs, nothing else comes close to the ride IMHO. They are called "Rosa", and the weight according to the spec is 812g for the front and 920g for the rear.

HERE
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
  • My old one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8VX5HOchuU

planet_x_track_1329072562.jpg

And the new one:

original_Fuji_Track_Elite.jpg
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Schon! Wo findet dieses Film statt? Koln?

Ist diese Piste das ganzes Jahr im Betrieb?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Ja, das ist in Köln. Die Bahn ist das ganze Jahr über geöffnet. Von Oktober bis April mittwochs und donnerstags, im Sommer Dienstag, Mittwoch und Donnerstag.

Yes, this is in Cologne. The track is open all year round. From October to April on Wednesdays and Thursdays, during the summer Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    P1010766a.jpg
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    My simple Dolan. Nothing special but clocked up about 7 wins on the 3 times I've ever been to track league

Dolan_zps31dc82a2.jpg?t=1400430504

pixel.gif

And here's the (borrowed) bike I used in the national IP champs last year. Was pretty pleased with 3:38 considering I'd never done an IP before and never ridden an indoor track until 1 hour before the start (do not recommend!)

1146760_211119592384128_1513313571_o.jpg

Now that is what I call a stealth colourscheme
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Track_zps6e7a09d3.jpg

New frame is or order, so will sell off this frame next year when it actually arrives!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    @ Pokerface - interesting top tube in that frame. Any reason for that, rather than it taking a straight line and angled more downwards?
  • Pokerface
    @ Pokerface - interesting top tube in that frame. Any reason for that, rather than it taking a straight line and angled more downwards?

I dunno. You'd have to ask the designers at Look! But angled top tubes are common on a lot of bikes. More so road ones than track ones.

The new Look L96 I'm replacing this one with has a straight top tube though.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Pokerface wrote:

I dunno. You'd have to ask the designers at Look! But angled top tubes are common on a lot of bikes. More so road ones than track ones.

Just googled your new bike, looks great. Most jealous !!!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface wrote:

Just googled your new bike, looks great. Most jealous !!!

Only a 3-month waiting list.... :(
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Please tell me you're getting the Mondrian colour scheme? It looks awesome
  • Pokerface
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Please tell me you're getting the Mondrian colour scheme? It looks awesome

It's the only colour it comes in now.
  • Paul 8v
    Sweet! That's the only one you need to be fair
  • Paul 8v
    20141201_184647.jpg
    This is mine, built up for track, grass track and a bit of road.

Full build is here:
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13003879
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191

Latest n, so previous track bike can go back to fixed wheel TT duties
  • xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    My singular falcon

IMAG0647.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    Thanks Paul 8v, ive been through a lot recently (if you check my Stevens cx bike i explained some of my story there) i always tell people i have it there to remind me that when my legs and lungs start burning and my body starts hurting that i have been in much worse places and much worse pain. I intend to get another one made in the future for one of my other bikes :) Can buy them from here http://www.kapz.co.uk/
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Here is mine

IMG_0831_zpsb0604a3f.jpg
  • Spec from memory/picture

Pinarello Xtrak frame and forks
    Most stem
    Alpina narrow carbon bars
    Prologo saddle
    Pinnacle seat post
    SRM chain set with power meter
    Zipp 900 dics
    Zipp 808 large flange hub track wheel
    Rear tube is a Vitoria pista
    Front is an old Continental
    Pedals time
    Chain ring Campag or Dura Ace depending on size
    Sprocket Dura Ace
    Chain 1/8"
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Time pedals on the track? Are they the RXS? If they're iClics don't you have trouble with the amount of float when sprinting?
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Time pedals on the track? Are they the RXS? If they're iClics don't you have trouble with the amount of float when sprinting?

They are RXS carbon ones and so far 5 seasons indoor and out door they have been fine.

If I was an out and out sprinter I would look at straps as well. and or different pedals.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Explains it. I'm a die-hard iClic/Xpresso fan but I wouldn't risk them on the track!
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg