Mick Rogers cleared

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2014 in Pro race
UCI / WADA accept the contamination story.

Loses result from race but no ban.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Fair enough. What about that other belgian (?) fella facing the same rap?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Now stop eating meat from China. Just stop it.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Someone over at the clinic needs to fire up another server.

(Or whatever IT do)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Quick on the news Iain. Was just about to post.

This is as it should be. Same with Contador and the others.

Will be interested to see people's reaction on here to this Australian rider who are so quick to flame any Ita or Spa rider.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Same with Contador

Different set of circumstances though.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    On the original thread 58% thought him guilty and only 29% thought it was dodgy meat:
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12952398
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Michael Rogers statement:
    http://twileshare.com/bplr
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Tinkoff and Contador backed Mick Rogers from the beginning unlike some teams. Now he is back and will ride his heart out for them. Very good news for the yellow and blues. Another rider to help them towards the top of the Tour podium.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Good - I'm happy for him
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    On the original thread 58% thought him guilty and only 29% thought it was dodgy meat:
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12952398

I was surprised by that...I think this is fair enough in this case. The reality is that this is going to keep happening at the Tour of Beijing unless the organisers/UCI can guarantee the source of the meat and the chefs that prepare it. It's fine to say that Sky, Saxo, BMC or whoever should organise it but for the smaller teams that's an unfair expense.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561

(Or whatever IT do)

They're going to combust over there...with any luck...
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    You'll never catch Mick Rogers.
  • Richmond Racer
    Turfle wrote:
    You'll never catch Mick Rogers.

Well, his nickname is Dodger
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Same with Contador

Different set of circumstances though.

Ah, but never let that get in the way of a Frenchie rant.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    dish_dash wrote:

Word is cleared as well
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063

(Or whatever IT do)

:D:D:D
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508
    So, Rogers did nothing wrong, but still ended up suspended and subject to slander for a number of months. Almost sounds like the system is a little flawed.
  • Richmond Racer
    TheBigBean wrote:
    So, Rogers did nothing wrong, but still ended up suspended and subject to slander for a number of months. Almost sounds like the system is a little flawed.

That's what usually happens when athletes are cleared of committing an intentional ADRV

Or anyone who has any kind of civil or criminal case brought against them that makes the news, but where they're subsequently found not guilty
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Probably the right decision, given the circumstances.
    Some good news for the under fire Riis/Contador Taxoff pair.
    Another engine for Bertie's Tour train.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Richmond Racer
    Probably the right decision, given the circumstances.
    Some good news for the under fire Riis/Contador Taxoff pair.
    Another engine for Bertie's Tour train.

Choo Choo
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508
    TheBigBean wrote:

That's what usually happens when athletes are cleared of committing an intentional ADRV

Or anyone who has any kind of civil or criminal case brought against them that makes the news, but where they're subsequently found not guilty

Sure, but I don't think anti-doping violations should be subjective no matter how much people want them to be. That's the point of strict liability. He should either be banned for two years or clear guidance / a threshold should be introduced. Same rules for all, and all of that.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    iainf72 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

Word is cleared as well

Good
  • frenchfighter
    Not one person yet condemning the decision despite the 60% thinking he was guilty. Basically guilty until proven innocent approach then change your opinions in line with the ruling body.

Riis/Contador are not under fire Blazing, don't get your hopes up. They stamped all over the stage racing season so far and any nasty news from JB would have come out a while ago.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873
    Are you sure that Bertie and Riijs aren't under a bit of fire after Bertie's lies about (not) working with Marti in 2011/12?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,873
    Also, what you feel at outset about the drugs test violation is based on very limited knowledge of the situation. The panel making the final decision will have had far more evidence that any of us have, so why is it unreasonable in your eyes to accept their decision.

Rogers has also in effect served a ban of sorts and hasn't raced and stolen victories in events whilst contesting his case, unlike your hero.
  • ManOfKent
    ManOfKent Posts: 392
    If I voted in the original poll, I'd probably have gone for guilty. I haven't seen the panel's findings in detail but I'm not sure how this decision fits with the strict liability policy that seemed to be a staple for WADA. It's not as though contaminated meat in China is news to anyone.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    ManOfKent wrote:
    If I voted in the original poll, I'd probably have gone for guilty. I haven't seen the panel's findings in detail but I'm not sure how this decision fits with the strict liability policy that seemed to be a staple for WADA. It's not as though contaminated meat in China is news to anyone.
    It's not strictly correct to say he has been cleared - he just hasn't been given a ban. He still got DQed from the race.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    RichN95 wrote:
    ManOfKent wrote:
    It's not strictly correct to say he has been cleared - he just hasn't been given a ban. He still got DQed from the race.

Sorry to repeat myself -I've posted about this before - it's in line with a USADA decision last year re a US trackie who tested positive for clen at Pan American Track Champs in Mexico last Feb.

No ADRV against her name, but her results from that meet, scratched out

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/08/ ... ive_297731

The key wording is 'According to USADA, after a thorough review of the case, including the evaluation of information regarding documented cases of meat contamination in Mexico, both USADA and the UCI, could not, to a comfortable satisfaction, conclude that Godby had acted negligently or was at fault for the positive test'
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    iainf72 wrote:
    UCI / WADA accept the contamination story.

Loses result from race but no ban.

If they have accepted the explanation, why have they taken the result?