My New Rose

gethinceri
gethinceri Posts: 1,510
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
MyRoseXeonCSL3500_zpsce744a8f.png

Not sure if the image will upload, it's a Xeon CSL 3500. As per the Rose Versand configurator with the exception of 'bars, stem and post.
I've had it for just over 2 weeks and it's more than I expected (hoped) it would be. Excellent service from Rose, from test-ride to telephone advice regarding sizing to delivery.
It's my first carbon road bike and I took it on a 135km ride last friday, including The Tumble:
http://www.strava.com/activities/131451494
I averaged at least 2km/h above my "usual" pace and it was my longest ride ever.

Comments

• focuz
    focuz Posts: 150
    Looks good man, any idea of the weight? slam that stem and get some proper pedals :)
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Lovely looking bike. Enjoy it!

....oh and ignore stupid advice:
    Focuz wrote:
    ......slam that stem and get some proper pedals :)
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    Nice.

Waiting for my Rose to be built. Yours looks very nice.
  • Lovely . got one very similar, just finished cleaning it again!.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Thank you for your opinions, I'm happy to listen to any advice ;)
    The stem height is based on my physical dimensions, which I gave to Rose based on their online guide and which I then discussed with them by 'phone. I set the saddle height, pitch and fore/aft with help from the wireless book thing that youngsters use today and it fits like a glove. I am yet to see any reason to move from mtb to road pedals, when you can convince me to spend money on news shoes and pedals I'll buy some, otherwise it'll be when the ones I want are available in the size I need at the price I want to pay.
    Hakuna matata!
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    That is the essence of bling!
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Ai_1 wrote:
    Lovely looking bike. Enjoy it!

....oh and ignore stupid advice:
    Focuz wrote:
    ......slam that stem and get some proper pedals :)

Quite.

Drop is determined by your physical capabilities. Better to start there and lower it later. You can always cut, but you can't add.

As to pedals, if you were to change to some lightweight carbon road pedals you would save at least a few seconds on a 100 mile TT. Why would you not want to spend the money?
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Really nice bike. Have ridden that model bike, very impressed.
    Is the bar/stem angle correct though?

Dont make the mistake I made by getting white pedals. Stayed white for first ride, absolute pain to keep clean.
  • Rose make some great looking bikes, you've got the love the German value for money.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    w00dster wrote:
    Really nice bike. Have ridden that model bike, very impressed.
    Is the bar/stem angle correct though?

Dont make the mistake I made by getting white pedals. Stayed white for first ride, absolute pain to keep clean.
    I'm pretty sure the bar/stem angle is fine and just looks a little odd because the picture is taken from below making the forward curve from the tops to the hoods look like an upward angle.
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Thank you for your opinions, I'm happy to listen to any advice ;)
    The stem height is based on my physical dimensions, which I gave to Rose based on their online guide and which I then discussed with them by 'phone. I set the saddle height, pitch and fore/aft with help from the wireless book thing that youngsters use today and it fits like a glove. I am yet to see any reason to move from mtb to road pedals, when you can convince me to spend money on news shoes and pedals I'll buy some, otherwise it'll be when the ones I want are available in the size I need at the price I want to pay.
    Hakuna matata!

Lovely bike.
    Have whatever you want on the bike, you paid for it.
    I don't wear lycra, i wear mtb shorts on my bike and i have MTB pedals
    and my bike still works ;)
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    + 1 on the bike and the MTB pedals...at least you can walk without slipping about and damaging the cleats :-)
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Between two thorns...
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Nice, saw one of these in the flesh recently very nicely finished.

I hope you play this before you venture out?

[urlThe Damned ~ New Rose: http://youtu.be/rTfyUqVqX-0][/url]