dodgy looking Cannondale SuperSix Evo 2014 105 on eBay

tdmjk
tdmjk Posts: 7
edited May 2014 in Found bikes and parts
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231205598801

Looks super dodgy. Seller has no paperwork and has no idea how much its worth, which is odd considering its pretty much new. Also, I can't imagine anyone riding a 58 frame has the saddle that low!

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    have you emailed him ? worth reporting to eBay ? your right tho it looks bent as !
  • hopak
    hopak Posts: 193
    Someone paid £730 for it.
  • This is my bike! It was alerted to me yesterday but I couldn't do anything to stop the sale from going through. I also don't have the record of my serial number. Absolute nightmare. If anyone can advise how I can get a record of the sale of a bike serial number I'd really appreciate it. I've tried with the shop I bought it from but they say I'd have to have registered it with Cannondale, which unfortunately I didn't do. I only had the bike for a few weeks before it was stolen. The scratches must be from where they yanked it through my window. Any advice very much welcome.
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    I assume you reported it to the Cops...? If so, forward them this link with the crime number.

Ebay are very Police friendly when it comes to disclosing stuff (unlike banks), so will release all sorts of info. Shouldn't be too hard to track the seller (and buyer) down.

The only issue you will have is being able to prove its your bike.
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    bigted117 wrote:
    This is my bike! It was alerted to me yesterday but I couldn't do anything to stop the sale from going through. I also don't have the record of my serial number. Absolute nightmare. If anyone can advise how I can get a record of the sale of a bike serial number I'd really appreciate it. I've tried with the shop I bought it from but they say I'd have to have registered it with Cannondale, which unfortunately I didn't do. I only had the bike for a few weeks before it was stolen. The scratches must be from where they yanked it through my window. Any advice very much welcome.

Why did you have the saddle so low?
  • I didn't - what I mean is; this is my bike, which was stolen back in November, and I want to recover it. I would never have had the seat this low. It just confirms that it has to be mine. It also has the SPD peddles I put on it. But unfortunately, without the serial number, this is the only way I have of IDing it. I live in Sheffield too, which pretty much confirms it. Everything about the advert screams stolen, and I'm 99.9% sure this is mine. Here's the advert I put on stolenbike:

http://stolen-bikes.co.uk/stolen-bikes/ ... -58-frame/
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    Thats awful.

PS why didn't you bid on it? Agree to collect with cash?
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Long story - I was out in the peaks yesterday without internet when someone told me about it, by which time the bidding was about to end. Fingers crossed ebay will be cooperative..
  • hugehero
    hugehero Posts: 281
    bigted117 wrote:
    Long story - I was out in the peaks yesterday without internet when someone told me about it, by which time the bidding was about to end. Fingers crossed ebay will be cooperative..

Aww damn! Had I lived closer, I would've put in a bid and gone to check out what the deal was :twisted: . I can't believe people would bid on such a blatantly suspect listing. Anyone who had purchased a bike of that caliber would generally exhibit some degree of cycle knowledge.The whole ad reeks of stolen but yet some turnip still bought it :(

Without a frame number it will prove difficult to identify the bike as yours but scum like this tend to have some form of a previous conviction which should swing things in your favour.
  • Gregstar
    Gregstar Posts: 10
    any marks,dinks or scratches? changes to the standard spec?
  • cremator
    cremator Posts: 99
    where did you buy the bike from