The 'Don't sack Moyes' petition

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,317
edited May 2014 in The cake stop
Rumour has it that after the Everton game, Moyes could be sacked.

MU Board: Please don't sack him, he's doing a great job.

Signed
Pinarello001
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    I'll sign that!

They have to be patient, Rome wasn't built in a day, he deserves 4 or 5 years in the job at least. :wink:
  • Blw3KyLCIAAvJ3X.jpg:large
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Deserves an extension surely
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    Moyes is the chosen one so they can't sack him, not without Ferguson's permission.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Blw3KyLCIAAvJ3X.jpg:large
    :lol:

This petition could get literally millions of signatures. I'm in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Count me In to :D
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    too late :lol:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    mamba80 wrote:
    too late :lol:

You wasted your time Pina :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Can't help but feel sorry for Moyes. He did a good job and worked hard at Everton for many years, having been at Preston before that. The United job must of been a dream come true, imagine having the chance to follow on in the footsteps of SAF, what a feeling.

He did a lot of things wrong, there's no getting away from that. I think the players deserve a decent share of the blame, but I can see why the board thought they had no alternative. Still, to lose to your old club in the way that they did, with your dream in tatters and your reputation in ruins, then having to drive in this morning, knowing what was coming. That must feel pretty sh!t.

Hope he's able to put it behind him and find a new club where he can restore his reputation. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    I'd have him at Villa any time.

It'd be lovely to be 7th in the league.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Still, to lose to your old club in the way that they did, with your (...) reputation in ruins,

I think that people will still see him as a decent mid-table manager, just not a big club man.
  • finchy
    Jurgen Klopp's turned the job down. Oh, for a summer of watching big name managers turn down the Manure job. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    I am sure there will be plenty of teams after him. He got Everton into the Champions League previously. He is capable of managing better than mid table clubs but he is clearly not at the top table of managers who can hit the ground running wherever they go. I suspect he would need a bit of time anywhere to forge a team and clearly ManU didn't have that patience (understandably in a world where Champions League means everything).

I think his biggest mistake was taking the job in the first place, everyone knew it was a poisoned chalice. I do feel for him as he has been going through a personal nightmare for many months. I hope he gets a good gig soon so he can prove people wrong.

I have no sympathy for Man U though and hope they get relegated.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nathancom wrote:
    I do feel for him

I don't with the payoff he's getting :wink:
    nathancom wrote:
    I have no sympathy for Man U though and hope they get relegated.

Unlikely :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    I do feel for him

Haha yeah, I wouldn't mind a 1/10 of that. Still the amount of ridicule he has had to put up with for 10 months...
  • nathancom wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    I do feel for him

Haha yeah, I wouldn't mind a 1/10 of that. Still the amount of ridicule he has had to put up with for 10 months...

No pay off as he didn't qualify for the CL apparently…..
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Failure to qualify for the CL next year triggered the get-out that allowed him to be sacked with 1 year's payment. Not a bad deal, but not quite £10m. Equally, not £0 either.

BTW your Reservoir Dogs style photo has appeared in the paper. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -live.html
    Scroll down to messages around 12:45.
  • Lazy bloody journalists…..
  • Cygnus
    Apparently Martinez is in the frame.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    johnny25 wrote:
    I'd have him at Villa any time.

It'd be lovely to be 7th in the league.

Villa could be the perfect club for Moyes to take over at. They are in a similar position to Everton when he took over back in 2002, a big club struggling at the wrong end of the division, after a few years of mediocrity. But with Villa expected to be sold in the summer to American billionaires, not sure the new owners would want the Glaziers cast offs....
  • Cygnus wrote:

Surely not?!

Can you imagine the Everton fans reaction...
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus wrote:

Surely not?!

Joke :lol:
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    Some Man Utd fans make me smile. The same gurning morons who demanded the sacking of Fergie are among those who now deem nobody else fit to stand in his shadow.

The cretins who wanted the Glazers out and took to wearing the old NH colours soon got bored and found a new kebab shop to lean against... There does occasionally dseem to be a lack of analysis and vision in one or two of the more vocal fans.

I thought DM was a good, shrewd appointment. It hasn't worked out, but it seemed a good choice at the time. I'd have given him longer, but it wasn't my call. These things happen.

As for the baying fans and the sky-sign puerility and banner-waving oafishness, it seems as much a sign of not having much else to do... These things are cyclical and always have been. MUFC had an extraordinary run at the head of the pack. They are not entitled to take the top spot as freehold. The wonder generation was put together (in part) with money that seemed astronomical at the time and they could then poach whom they wanted when they wanted to. The world turns. They will have their day again but it is not today and will not be tomorrow.

I recall thinking that Rioch was a clever appointment at Arsenal after the untimely sacking (banning) of GG. He did OK and brought in some good, new blood... but he suffered the same fate as Moyes, albeit without the 24/7 press fascination that every off-key fart now seems to merit in the Internet age.

Ranting? Me? Really? Ooops!
  • finchy
    Debeli wrote:
    The cretins who wanted the Glazers out

Much as I enjoy rubbishing anything to do with Manure, why are their fans cretins for wanting the Glazers out?
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    johnfinch wrote:
    Debeli wrote:
    The cretins who wanted the Glazers out

Much as I enjoy rubbishing anything to do with Manure, why are their fans cretins for wanting the Glazers out?

Okay then, I'll be the first red to stick my head above the parapet...

Yes, I am one of those 'cretins' who wanted, and still want, the Glazer gimps out of the club. There have been years of internecine fighting going on for the last nine years since they took control, usually placated by the success on the pitch - but it now looks like even that is giving way to some sort of mediocrity. It was simply the fact that Fergie was such a great manager that they got away with under-investment in the squad, and now it's come home to roost, Moyes inherited a squad that was ageing and for United's standards, decidedly average.

Ownership issues aside, I feel bad for Moyes, last summer's transfer window was a complete farce (someone must have moved a decimal place on the valuation of Fellaini from £2.7m), but even then, he has been a little out of his depth, unable to change things when it was going belly-up, and that seemed to be quite a lot of the time. I really wanted him to succeed, as he seems a decent bloke, but in the PL era nobody gets time these days, not even at United, where they said this was a long term project. And just like all the other hire-em-fire-em clubs out there (95% of the others basically), they were lying through their teeth. Quelle Surprise.

So...laugh it up while you can, it's been a long time coming for some ABU's, but we will rise again - the Business Plan means we have to!
  • Cygnus wrote:
    Cygnus wrote:

Surely not?!

Joke :lol:

Nothing would surprise me anymore this season!
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    I saw this come up on a silent TV in the breakfast room of the hotel I stayed in last night.

My first thought was "Who is Moyes?" and then I realised it was nothing at all important and went back to my breakfast.

But honestly BBC? 20 minutes coverage, outside broadcast at some Manu facility, and interviewing someone in Barcelona. Slow news day was it? :roll:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Drat, the peition never had time to get going.

I almost felt a bit sorry for Moyes today. In some ways he reminds me of Gordon Brown - another Scotsman who got the dream job he was always after, then fekked it up and watched his career crumble to dust.

Anyhow, wonder if Giggsy can do any better for the last few matches of the season :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I almost felt a bit sorry for Moyes today. In some ways he reminds me of Gordon Brown - another Scotsman who got the dream job he was always after, then fekked it up and watched his career crumble to dust.

Anyhow, wonder if Giggsy can do any better for the last few matches of the season :)

Doesn't matter what Giggsy does, no CL for them. A dilapidated squad marinaded into the 'you do what I say or else' archaic Fuggle methodology and it's crumbling without the big stick all in the face of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and now Everton vying for a CL place.

Better than a soap opera. Can any of the geeks check out how long Fergie had been in charge when Steve Bruce saved him from the chop? F*cking Steve Bruce.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • finchy
    edited April 2014
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Doesn't matter what Giggsy does, no CL for them. A dilapidated squad marinaded into the 'you do what I say or else' archaic Fuggle methodology and it's crumbling without the big stick all in the face of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and now Everton vying for a CL place.

Better than a soap opera. Can any of the geeks check out how long Fergie had been in charge when Steve Bruce saved him from the chop? F*cking Steve Bruce.

You forgot to mention their massive debt.