Nicknames

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited April 2014 in The bottom bracket
Does anyone else use nicknames a lot for other people?

I always have done.

In the past I've worked for a contracts direct called Toenails because he was so far up his directors arse all you could see sticking out were his toenails and where I work now most people have nicknames but most of them don't know, it's got to the point though where it's really hard sometimes to remember a persons real name and it can be a bit tricky if you're speaking to one of the directors :lol:

On here we obviously have Piña, Womble and Benito666 amongst others but what else have we got?
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    At Liverpool FC in the 1970's Emlyn Hughes was nicknamed 'Thrush' by the other players as he was an irritating c**t!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Il Duce to you, sonny :)

I try not to do that at work as I'll get caught out one day. But we have nicknames for neighbours and people we see around our way. Not always very complimentary either, there's an overweight couple near us who we call the 'thigh chafers'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    We call one of the managers in our place, dynamite....... Coz he keeps blowin everybody up........ :D
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Finchy. Always Finchy, ever since I was about 10.

I got the nickname "Gadget" at school due to my arms and legs which seemingly extend forever and allowed me to make tackles and saves from unfeasibly far away on the football field.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    one of my favourites at work is bullet, as his brain works as fast as a speeding bullet....... sort of

And the guy that works on the sales counter, known as counter intelligence

My mate horrible, well a good story for another day
  • Having been both a squaddie and a member of Her Majesties Constabulary, my favourite is "Turkish Slippers "
    Perfectly describes one who "turns up at the end"
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    we once had a fuckwit, we nicknamed him fuckwit

long gone
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Used to work with a guy universally known as "Two hats", the outer one covered a particularly poor syrup. :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,471
    Probably a common one but the Project Manager on a scheme I worked on was called Kipper on account of having two faces and no guts.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    In a pub I used to drink in there was one regular who was known to everybody as U-boat on account of the fact he was always looking for a sub. "You couldn't sub us a tenner till Friday could ya?" he'd often ask. As soon as he'd walk into the pub someone would usually warn everyone with a 'boop... boop... boop' like the sonar sound.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    There's a largish lady on the staff who has very little neck, she is known as 'Total Recall'

A bloke who looks like Noel Edmunds is 'Blobbie's Dad'.

I used to know a 'bungalow', a chap who had nothing upstairs.

The older I get, the better I was.

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    We had Hi-Tec at the training school as he was a sh!t trainer.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stevo_666
    We used to call our chemistry teacher 'c***face' because he had a nosebleed at least once a month.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Having been both a squaddie and a member of Her Majesties Constabulary, my favourite is "Turkish Slippers "
    Perfectly describes one who "turns up at the end"

Brilliant - We have a colleague who is nicknamed 'Blister', arrives when the works done
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Back in my late teens early twenties there was a crowd of us that all had nicknames and gave them to everyone we knew or worked with, some were even given phrases instead of names. God knows why, perhaps it was the boredom of working in an office block that 'contained' 2500 worker bees. Names included:
    Cake (something to do with always having a girlfriend)
    Petrol (surname was Fewel)
    Bead (beady eyes)
    Taff (welsh obviously)
    Freda (coz he was very slow and Blue Peter had a tortoise named just so)
    Bass (shortened from Fred Bassett, coz he looked like said breed)
    Goo (thats me now Mr Goo. Still don't know how it came about)
    Grace (girl that was built like a barn door, very masculine, thus looked like Grace Jones)
    'Keep your eyes off my daughter!'. (manager that had a stunning daughter in same office, and was heard to say this to one of the lads ogling her one day)
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    A mate of mine used to call his boss The Exocet because you could see him coming but there was nothing you could do about it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    I thought it was meant to be the name of your first pet followed by your mothers maiden name? That came up with a few little gems when it was tried in the Crudcatcher.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,382
    I know just about all of my mates by nicknames . . . unfortunately I ended up with "Rent Boy" in my late teens and, at 49, its what I'm still called.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    laurentian wrote:
    I know just about all of my mates by nicknames . . . unfortunately I ended up with "Rent Boy" in my late teens and, at 49, its what I'm still called.

How much do you charge?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    My Dad nicknamed me "Kram" 40 odd years ago when I was 10 years old and it is my nickname to this day.
  • k.

short for kanu. after my immense, lanky, lazy skill goal hanging for the school 1st xi for 6 years, my kanu 25 yellow away shirt and my appendages.