Bike fit on slightly differing frame sizes.

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited April 2014 in Commuting chat
Been playing with the tape measure on my two bikes. Tricross Single and Kaffenback, the Kaff is a medium frame and Tricross is 56cm and I'd like to get both bikes set up as identical as possible.

Measurements I've take are Top Tube, Seat Tube & Seat Post, Stem

Tricross measures as follows: TT 520, Stem 110, Seat Tube/Seat Post 700mm
Kaffenback measures as follows: TT 510, Stem 130, Seat Tube/Seat Post 710mm

To get both the same I need to drop Kaffenback Saddle by 10mm, use a 120mm Stem?

I also measured the height of the stem from the floor and the Kaff comes out at 945 opposed to 930mm on Tricross, again swap 15mm spacers on Kaff?

Could those small differences be why I found the Kaffenback so different to ride compared the Tricross?
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    Possibly silly, but:

I'd directly measure bb centre to saddle rails (assuming same/similar saddles) vertically, and alter the position of the saddle(s) fore and aft to match, then set the bars from there.
  • Are the seat tube and head tube angles identical?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Possibly silly, but:

I'd directly measure bb centre to saddle rails (assuming same/similar saddles) vertically, and alter the position of the saddle(s) fore and aft to match, then set the bars from there.

That is what I've done, both bikes have Charge Spoons on the seatpost. Not considered the saddle fore/aft measurement, nose of saddle to stem or another measurement?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Are the seat tube and head tube angles identical?

This. Seat tube angle affects effective top tube length drastically.