Trek Madone 2.1

colm_gti
colm_gti Posts: 173
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
Sold all my road bikes before I moved to London last October, bought a CAADx to do some long spins on and a Hoy track bike.

Finally qualified for cyclescheme this week, and was getting tired of pushing a heavy cross bike around, so got rid of it to make room for this..

IMG_20140418_112110_zpsndpudqo8.jpg

After a short ride and some messing with position I ditched the 100mm stem for my own 120mm kcnc stem and once I was satisfied I chopped the excess steerer. This is how it sits now with all the unnecessary decals removed...

IMG_20140419_121428_zps08h3dzms.jpg

I feel I'm running out of gears with the compact and 12-30 cassette, but I have an ultegra double and ultegra 11-28 in my parts box that should sort that when I get around to fitting them. Hoping to get a lower stack, black upper bearing cover, change the saddle for a black antares, and switch to black bartape.

Don't have much plans other than to ride it, mainly using it for training and commuting as I'm focusing on track this season, but may show my face at a few road races.

Comments

• adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    Looks good mate, do you reckon you could of gone the next size up though? Looks like a 54/56?
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Looks nice! I had a Trek Madone 2.1 however I upgraded every single part so now there's none of it left!

If you want upgrade ideas change the wheels first as they are low spec.
  • Nice - I've just bought a Trek 2.1 on the C2W scheme too. I had to get the black/black one as I was told that the colour way you have is not available in my size - seeing yours I am slightly gutted. And agree re upgrading the wheels when you can - I've put a set of Fulcrum Quattros on
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Looks good, the first Madone I've seen without a mountain of spacers! The cables are the front could do with trimming back a bit though.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Looks good... 8)
  • colm_gti
    colm_gti Posts: 173
    adam0bmx0 wrote:
    Looks good mate, do you reckon you could have gone the next size up though? Looks like a 54/56?

Aye it's a 56, I'm 6'1" but have always preferred riding a smaller frame.

I'll stick a better set of tyres on, but probably won't upgrade the wheels for a while, it'll only really be used for commuting and training on, this one is for racing...

1625498_10151939018142493_5936329202089174217_n.jpg