Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited April 2016 in Your road bikes
Here's my new Crosslight build (as inspired by xdoc, and others). Loving it so far, and getting on very well with the SRAM Rival CX groupset (46/36t chainset and 11-32 wi fli cassette). Wasn't initially sure about the colour but now its built up I kinda like it :)

032_zps7acf577b.jpg[/URL]

031_zps8d95eb7d.jpg[/URL]

Frame: Kinesis Crosslight Pro 6 disc
Forks: Kinesis CXD tapered
Bars: FSA Wing Comp
Stem: FSA OS-115 (110mm)
Headset: FSA Integrated, 41.8ø upper, 51.8ø lower, for taper head tube. FSA No.42/ACB
Bar Tape: Lizard Skins DSP

Front Brifter: SRAM Rival
Front Caliper: TRP Spyre 160mm rotor
Rear Brifter: SRAM Rival
Rear Caliper: TRP Spyre 160mm rotor

Front Mech: SRAM Rival
Rear Mech: SRAM Rival medium cage (Wi Fli)

Seat: Madison Flux
Seat Post: FSA K-Force carbon 27.2mm
Seat Post Clamp: Kinesis

Cranks: SRAM Rival
Chainring(s): SRAM Rival 46/36t
Chain: KMC 10-93
Cassette: SRAM PG 1050 11-32t
Pedals: Shimano SPD
Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP

Wheelset: Kinesis Cross light disc
Tyres: Schwalbe Sammy Slick 700x35

Weight: ??? Not sure, not weighed it yet... :oops:
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Love it, but I would say that!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Looking good Luv2Ride, happy riding :D
  • luv2ride
    Cheers chaps. Glad I went with the TRP Spyres - awesome stopping power once bedded in. Managed to get all the bits and pieces for knock down prices (the Rival chainset was a particular highlight at only £65 inc BB from HighOnBikes!). I was going to x'fer groupset and components from my Tifosi winter bike, but seem to have built a full bike instead :shock: :oops:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    I need an excuse to buy one of those now ! awesome top job !
  • That looks awesome, really digging the silver and white scheme it has going.

How is the ride?
  • luv2ride
    Hi MountainMonster. I think the ride is sublime on the road, thanks to the tapered head tube but also the big tyres! Direct but very comfortable (definitely my most comfortable bike as the wide rims make the bigger volume tyres feel plush, but they still handle great). On rubbish quality roads it's a revelation. Off road it's a slightly different story, and isn't "MTB comfy". I'm still experimenting with tyre pressures but at 50 psi it gives a bit of a rough ride but it is direct and engaging at the same time (which is probably part of the appeal, picking the best lines rather than just ploughing through, which I was always guilty of doing on my full Susser - not much panache :oops: ). Bridle ways and cinder tracks are comfortable enough though and it flies along those, so linking routes including road and trail are a becoming a nightly ritual now :lol:
  • luv2ride
    New wheels on - bargain Pro Lite Revo A21 disks (although those tyres were a pain to fit!), pedals also upgraded to XT SPDs, and saddle changed to Charge Scoop (with white undershell)...the "in your face" wheel decals go well with the white frame I think 8)
    image_zpsedgsegmt.jpeg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Luv2ride wrote:
    ...the "in your face" wheel decals go well with the white frame I think 8)
    That they do, they'd look dreadful on mine.