UK Eroica unpaid volunteers wanted

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Sooo £70 to ride it and the helpers are all unpaid ?

Is it a commercial organisation running this or a club ?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    Shameless... they run an event for profit, with no sizeable charity attached and they want people to work for free... I hope nobody applies for this.

If they're not paying people, not closing the roads, I wonder what's the 70 pounds is actually paying for... caviar at the food stops? Champagne instead of water?
    left the forum March 2023
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Well you do get this :

Entry to L'Eroica Britannia festival
    Free camping for 3 days! Come and make a holiday of it! Stay and adventure in the area for 3 days*
    1 free car parking space
    Event number for jersey and bicycle
    A "road" book in which to affix appropriate stamps at check points
    Numerous retro refreshment stops depending on the route chosen
    Souvenir of the event
    Post-ride food

If I was riding this it'd only be the parking (woo) the souvenir and maybe a bit of food at the end I'd make use of.
    I guess if you're camping for the three days then yeah it could be worth it - but not for me - and I've not a heroic bike to make use of.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    cougie wrote:
    If I was riding this it'd only be the parking (woo) the souvenir and maybe a bit of food at the end I'd make use of.
    I guess if you're camping for the three days then yeah it could be worth it - but not for me - and I've not a heroic bike to make use of.

I am not aware of a large camping site in Bakewell, so basically you get your piece of grass by your car the the privilege to crap in a portaloo, I guess... I would not value this over the public campsites in remote regions of France that used to charge 5 Francs a night per person (worked out at 50 pence), but they had proper squatting loos with a roof on top
    left the forum March 2023
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Most of my retro-bike buddies thinks Eroica UK is a rip-off and this doesn't do anything to change that perception. Retro-ronde is the following weekend and is where I'll be taking my bike (and money).
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..