TFI Thursday!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Last day of work until next Wednesday for me, and I can't wait. This week has been far busier than I thought it would. It's been kind of good busy, but just unexpected.
Today I have a meeting with a building company where I'm going to ask them to shave £25k off a £225k quote. I don't think it will go down well.
Later, over to Bury, where we are off out for the night. I think it's the wrong night to go out on, I imagine it's going to be busy, but hey, what do I know?

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TKM - offer them a go on GTs mum?

Mornin

Last day of work for over a week so it's going to be relaxing :(

Later will be the pub, obviously
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Hellishly busy in work with a stack of documentation to refine and perfect (and some things you just can't polish!). I've been putting it off for a fortnight as I've had a metric f**kton of welding to do for a demanding client. Bosses need to learn there's only so many hours in a month!

However, today is this weeks Friday, so it's fried piggymeats, with all the the trimmings, in the canteen. For. The. Win.

Plus, the bikes are packed in the car and stright after work, I'm heading to the Surrey hills for four days of larking about on the bikes and on the girlfiend. Further win.

Next week is a four day week. Level up!

Onwards! To bacons! And caffiene!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • thekickingmule
    matthew h wrote:
    TKM - offer them a go on GTs mum?
    I presume you're talking about the builder people, and not my friends (most of whom are actually a lot better looking than GT's mum. Fact.). If so, that's not actually a bad idea...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    TFIT!!!

half day today and them I'm off to cornwall for the weekend. lots of cider to be drunk and maybe a bit of surfing.

bacon will also be consumed today

laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    All your bacons belong to me! surrender them now! your bacon or your life!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    TKM - Why wouldnt you want to go out on a busy night?! Do you prefer the pubs/clubs to be dead?

Wahey its friday

Bit of work then down to the new spoons that opened on Tuesday - its so cheap - 2.50 a pint! win.

Taters
  • thekickingmule
    TKM - Why wouldnt you want to go out on a busy night?! Do you prefer the pubs/clubs to be dead?
    I like old man pubs where I can sit and sup my beer, without being deafened by carp music. The one proposed to for tonight is not that. Though if I manage to get a seat (where I can sup my beer), I get to perve. Perving is good.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Meh.

Working at 4 then in for 17 hours tomorrow and 12 hours on Sat with my replacement shadowing me so she can learn the ropes.

Gonna be a long weekend dealing with pissheads and morons. Next weekend will be my last working in a bar before I move to restaurants. Can. Not. Wait.

Laters!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    ste_t wrote:
    my last working in a bar before I move to restaurants. Can. Not. Wait.

will you serve chips?
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    my last working in a bar before I move to restaurants. Can. Not. Wait.

will you serve chips?

Watch it you
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

This morning was spent chasing, shouting at and rugby tackling sheep and lambs (it makes me feel big when I crush the little buggers). Afternoon of lycra and associated activities, might manage to squeeze some more in this evening, depends if my friend I'm due to ride with gets called in or not.

TTFN
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening ladies,

Sorry for being a bit late to the daily me'h thread! But better late than never eh!

Stacked work well early had a quick round of definitely heterosexual golf and have picked up the supplies for the weekend.

Off up for a weekend in a log cabin up near sherwood pines so pedalling will feature this weekend! Sorry for mentioning cycling on here, i fully expect a yellow card from the mods!

Anyhoo.......toodle pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    bg, I'm the last to post around here, alright.

Still at work :evil: so I am treating myself to a large alcoholic drink on the way home. Hope for some bikes and more alcohol on the weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg, I'm the last to post around here, alright.

Still at work :evil: so I am treating myself to a large alcoholic drink on the way home. Hope for some bikes and more alcohol on the weekend.

Ok, sorry!

You win :D
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    I usually do with the farkin hours I work ! Drink now drunk and on the train home. Wifey and Stropchild are out so I'll pour myself another one when I get in :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening all,
    Later than Stevo as I've had the day off and have only just sat down. Took the kids down to Brighton to see my cousins, ate dead animal in a bun, spotted some fine totty, had a bit of a walk along the front, then got fleeced on the pier. Good day, certainly better than doing DIY type stuff.