He's right you know.

Comments

• southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    I really hope that kid grows up to support Man City
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I really hope that kid grows up to support Man City

Perhaps it will depend upon where the caravan is parked at the time.

The older I get, the better I was.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    FFS it would have to be Rochdale again wouldn't it...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    WTF? Not the egg, the names.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... r-egg.html

I am discombobulated. Truly.
    The name is not why it's all gone wrong.

The wrong bit here is Thorntons and the culture of "fear of litigation" we live in. So Thorntons would not put a name on an egg for fear of upsetting a Footballer and getting sued......and fear without foundation because UK law does not allow it? Barking mad.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Daz555 wrote:

The wrong bit here is Thorntons and the culture of "fear of litigation" we live in. So Thorntons would not put a name on an egg for fear of upsetting a Footballer and getting sued......and fear without foundation because UK law does not allow it? Barking mad.
    I am buggered getting an easter egg for my daughter Mitie PLC then.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    Daz555 wrote:

Not to mention what is the chance of Wayne Rooney hearing about a kid having the name put on the egg. It would also be pretty easy to destroy the evidence.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Pross wrote:
    Not to mention what is the chance of Wayne Rooney being able to read the name put on the egg?

FTFY
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Daz555 wrote:

Errr - no. Its nothing to do with the fear of potential IP litigation - its the fact some mad barking fool has named her kid after two footballerists. It evidently shows that she has beans for brains and does not realise what a cretin she has been for she actually thought that it would be a good idea to do it in the first place.

I particularly like the part where she says that sproglet just happens to be named after a famous footballerist. Errr - no: you specifically named him after one Shrek looking not that good over paid footballerist.

I just really hope that he turns out to be a gay ballerina who hates football.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross
    johnfinch wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Not to mention what is the chance of Wayne Rooney being able to read the name put on the egg?

FTFY

I almost wrote that.
  • finchy
    Pross wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Pross wrote:

FTFY

I almost wrote that.

Pity you didn't, cos if you had, you'd be the funny one. :lol::lol:
  • finchy

I hope he turns into a Granny-banger, then she'll regret her choice of names. :twisted:
  • FFS it would have to be Rochdale again wouldn't it...

Up the 'Dale, down the ale
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    I was hoping this would be the story about the woman who has never worked, been on benefits all her life and has now convinced her adult daughter to get preggers to get bumped up the housing list and reap the rewards of benefits as a lifestyle choice.

Admitedly I read it in the Daily Mail so it may be slightly exaggerated. :roll:
  • Pross
    Errr - no. Its nothing to do with the fear of potential IP litigation - its the fact some mad barking fool has named her kid after two footballerists. It evidently shows that she has beans for brains and does not realise what a cretin she has been for she actually thought that it would be a good idea to do it in the first place.

I particularly like the part where she says that sproglet just happens to be named after a famous footballerist. Errr - no: you specifically named him after one Shrek looking not that good over paid footballerist.

To be fair I'm not sure she could do much about the Scholes part of the name as it's her surname. Maybe she's a big Mickey Rooney fan - you're prejudging her just because she looks thick :wink:
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Pross wrote:
    To be fair I'm not sure she could do much about the Scholes part of the name as it's her surname. Maybe she's a big Mickey Rooney fan - you're prejudging her just because she looks thick :wink:

It's only her surname 'cos she married a Scholes - she really is mad :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    What's really gone wrong for her is the realisation that her kid's name will be forever associated with a totally shyte football team. She should give AON a call, they probably know how she feels :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    What's really gone wrong for her is the realisation that her kid's name will be forever associated with a totally shyte football team. She should give AON a call, they probably know how she feels :P

:)

This year is the only time my son sammy lee has used his full name
  • Serious Cat
    Serious Cat Posts: 489
    OP many thanks for the heads up so as I don't have to worry about being litigated against by Man Utd as I have decided not to have my son F**k-Moyes name inscribed on a thorntons egg ....phew close call.
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat