Westbrook Cycles

bikeit65
bikeit65 Posts: 982
edited July 2015 in Road buying advice
After seeing on here a post from another member about Westbrook Cycles selling Cannondale road bikes at greatly discounted prices i rang them and spoke to Paul Felce to discuss stock levels, bike sizing issues and the cycle2work scheme and he was very helpful, informative and friendly,
so i got the cycle2work voucher off to Paul a few days later and he emailed me to inform me he had received it and give me a delivery date for the bike and he presto the bike arrived on the day.
The bike box arrived intact and it was really really well packed if fact it took me ages to get it untied, unwrapped and removed from the box.
The bike was in perfect condition not a mark on it compared to a previous bike which i bought online a few years ago from a different online dealer, it must have been a shop display model as there was a lot of marks on it and the saddle was also badly scuffed.
So anyone here looking to buy from Westbrook Cycles can be assured of a professional friendly and helpful on line dealer.
I feel it is important for the success of the forum if members post when they get good service and not just bad service.
10/10
https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
Planet X RT58
Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Same experience here, bought a SuperSix Ultegra two weeks ago. They were great.

I believe the offers still stand.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • salomon22
    salomon22 Posts: 9
    I buy all my mountain bikes and road bikes from these guys as they are my lbs.. always get a great deal with loads of accesories shot in. cant recomend them enough.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Westbrooks are getting some good reports on here recently. I'm another one lucky enough to have them as my LBS.
  • CrouchingPig
    CrouchingPig Posts: 112
    Just ordered a SuperSix 105 from here. Helpful on the phone and should be Wednesday when I get it! :)
    Norco Sight C7.2
    Giant Defy 1 Disc
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Also ordered a Supersix from Westbrooks ... Was considering the Caad10 Dura Ace but the wheels look awful and they couldn't help with a swap/paid upgrade ... They were nice about it though ...
  • rob13
    rob13 Posts: 430
    I'm hopeful to use them for my next bike. Always received decent service from them even when i've just kicked tyres.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    That is surprising. They upgraded the wheels on my super six from equipes to elites foot a really good price too.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • jwmlee
    jwmlee Posts: 9
    Rubbish service from Scott bikes and my LBS, Westbrook cycles. Been waiting for my warranty replacement frame since early December. Told, 7 days, then first week in April, now can't advise. Emailed Scott UK directly, they haven't even bothered to reply. Westbrook Cycles won't return my calls. They were quick to call back and take £1400 on the sale. Rubbish service! Avoid.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    gabriel959 wrote:
    That is surprising. They upgraded the wheels on my super six from equipes to elites foot a really good price too.

I bought my first 'proper' bike from there, a Scott CR1 and not only did they discount it by £300 they also fitted Ksyrium Equipes, instead of the Aksiums. I've bought other bikes from Westbrooks and my Brother has bought 4 over the last 10 years. Great shop that I would love to still class as my LBS. I always visit when I'm back home.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Bought a Cr1 off them last year and had good service. The headset turned to mush over the winter, one call to Westbrook and I had a replacement FSA one delivered the following day(£20 and free PnP),I'm not going to complain at service like that.
    Finding service like that makes me want to order another frame, PlanetX and Ribble to not fill me with such confidence.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Bought a 2012 Foil 10 off them last summer. Had an issue with the seatpost creaking (known fault). They had a new improved post out to me in a matter of days and the comms were top knotch. Great service.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    jwmlee wrote:
    Rubbish service from Scott bikes and my LBS, Westbrook cycles. Been waiting for my warranty replacement frame since early December. Told, 7 days, then first week in April, now can't advise. Emailed Scott UK directly, they haven't even bothered to reply. Westbrook Cycles won't return my calls. They were quick to call back and take £1400 on the sale. Rubbish service! Avoid.

Troll. :roll:
    I bought my old Plasma 10 as well as my Plasma 3 TT frameset from them. Not only did one of their mechanics help me with the Di2 install, but they also put me on the phone with the Scott rep (anyone who's seen the Plasma3 knows how confusing it is) who walked me though some of the finer points).

Even before I'd purchased my Plasmas they were very helpful in sourcing spares for my Foils which I bought elsewhere.

Edit: A couple of my clubmates bought CR1 frames when they were on sale. Unfortunately one of them cracked and was sent back to Westbrook for warranty. It was replaced by a new 2014 frameset in a couple weeks.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I've never bought a bike from Westbrooks, but I popped in a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't have been more helpful. I'll definitely consider buying my next bike from them.
  • porker33
    porker33 Posts: 636
    I bought both my road bikes from them and have recommended them to a couple of friends. They are at the other end of the country, so are clearly doing a lot right!
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I got my CR1 frame from them and they were very helpful over email and seemed like a nice bunch when I visited the shop
  • I'm going to add to the glowing recommendations I'm afraid. Brought my TCR from them a while back for a great discount. Unfortunately it has developed a few problems but Westbrooks (specifically Paul) have been a pleasure to deal with and have sorted everything out quickly and painlessly, even going beyond what i expected. I can't recommend enough.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    but Westbrooks (specifically Paul) have been a pleasure to deal with.

It was Paul that sorted me out too. Top chap.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    jwmlee wrote:

A little surprised by this as they are normally very good.

One of the observations that I have made is that the cycle industry supply chain doesn't appear to be overly robust and is often outside the control of the LBS. Last year I was waiting for a frame to come into stock and the date kept going back and back. The LBS were very appologetic but in reallity there was nothing they could do as they were being let down by the distributor.
  • ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    I live local to the shop and pop in now and again.
    Had a poor experience a few years ago , the service and response was the worst I have had in over 40n years of purchasing sports equipment.(frootball,cricket running and cycling)
    In fairness after a couple of years boycotting the shop I have used them again and the service is OK.
    If you know what you want and it is the cheapest then OK but it is not my LBS of choice now.
    regards
    ILG
  • I bought a CR1 SL from Westbrook last summer, upon delivery it had a small imperfection/scratch/crack in the carbon on the seat tube. A quick call to Paul at Westbrook, a courier picked it up the next day, and it was replaced within the same week. A great bike shop and top service from Paul.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Yep, CR1 SL for me last year too. Once I'd purchased it I emailed to ask about Campag suitable bottom bracket cups and was immediately told they'd chuck some suitable ones in free of charge. A nice touch.
  • Great discounts on Cannondale so gave them a call.

Was so impressed with their service bought a Cannondale Evo Hi Mod Super Six.

Ordered on Friday asking a few changes to be made that most online take several days to do, but not Westbrook had it on Monday.

Arrived well packaged with no damage.

Cannot recommend them enough.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Bought my bmc racemachine off them great service,they even installed the di2 internals for me :D top notch
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Cliveyp
    Cliveyp Posts: 173
    Damn this thread!! I thought I had pretty much made a decision with my next bike, but i've just looked at the Westbrook website and found a Scott Foil that is now within budget!! :cry:
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
    2001 Giant Boulder - Sold