Man down at Tooting Bway

menthel
menthel Posts: 2,484
edited April 2014 in Commuting chat
Went through this morning and there was a rider down at the Broadway crossroads. Was just being loaded onto a trolley for the very short trip to SGH I would imagine. Looked to be breathing and talking. GWS that rider.
RIP commute...
Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.

Comments

• Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I would say I passed it just before you. It looks as if a black Golf (I think) turned right to go up Garratt Lane, coming down the A24. A girl in the Golf, possibly the driver was in tears.

There were a lot of people around him talking to him etc.

I hope he is ok and has a speedy recovery.
  • menthel
    Levi_501 wrote:
    I would say I passed it just before you. It looks as if a black Golf (I think) turned right to go up Garratt Lane, coming down the A24. A girl in the Golf, possibly the driver was in tears.

There were a lot of people around him talking to him etc.

I hope he is ok and has a speedy recovery.

Saw a black car too. It was all taped off by the police when I got there and looks like they had been there for a little while. At least the trip to the hospital would be short! :)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,607
    Not a good day for Tooting, with the fire down the road.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • menthel
    rjsterry wrote:
    Not a good day for Tooting, with the fire down the road.

I don't know, Tooting being on fire can only improve it.
    RIP commute...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Tooting on fire, Citizen Smith would have loved that!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Power to the people
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,607
    Apparently a pretty bad construction site fire; building was near completion.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/wandsworthnews/11148643.Fire_breaks_out_at_Tooting_construction_site/

The road was still partly closed this evening and they were already putting scaffold up, presumably to make safe and then start demolition.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition