The Tuesday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Mental weekend for me. It involved moving an organ into my house, searching for a graveyard, learning shakespeare, failing my Mod 2 test and then learning about mental plans for work!

Today, my boss and I are contesting the plans for work as they're stupid.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    moaning

Meh, night away involved too much work :( = shoot sleep and early start to sort all of the things I thought of last night.

Later is meeting kicking and then a late night drive home. So no pub or cycling. All in all - crap day expected
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

another sunny day today 8) sourced a second hand wheel yesterday so tonights ride can go ahead as planned :D

other than that it's pretending to look busy til 3.30

laters
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    matthew h wrote:
    Later is meeting kicking and then a late night drive home. So no pub or cycling. All in all - crap day expected
    I thought you meant you were meeting me when I read that! There would definitely be a pub involved with that, maybe not cycling though.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening ladies,

Shoulder is still a bit sore so holding till tomorrow to fit in a ride (Have rotator cuff syndrome apparently). In other news about a week and a half till i can sort out orders for a new bike and tickets for the Fort Bill are done woop!

i'm now just brewing up a bit poo for in work so i can be paid to sit on the toilet and play games on the phone :)

Laters
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    welshkev wrote:
    sourced a second hand wheel yesterday so tonights ride can go ahead as planned :D
    You mean a tweek with a spoke key didn't work?

Morning all,
    Should be busy again at work today. I have to get everything sorted because it's Friday for me today and into a 6 day weekend. fortunately we left it too late to order a new sink and extractor hood so I can't do much to the kitchen. :lol:
    Out to lunch with the EPO by the river in Twickenham later.
    Have a good day everybody.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Veronese68 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    sourced a second hand wheel yesterday so tonights ride can go ahead as planned :D

I did try...and try I mean I hit it with a big hammer :wink::lol:
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning dweebs

Sat in work, that is about all!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning suckers,

No work for me today nor tomorrow. A minion has given me the lurgy and I subsequently feel like I'm dying in the face. I think a cheeky breakfast out followed by a full day of gardening (digging/killing weeds,) is in order. Might have a beer later, just because.

Current job are trying to get me to skive my second day at new job as we've been invited to London to the 'House of Peroni' for free beers/food which would be a pretty good leaving party.

Right, time to get out of bed. Laters!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    welshkev wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

I did try...and try I mean I hit it with a big hammer :wink::lol:
    You need a bigger hammer then. :D
    I read on the Sheldon Brown website about trailside repairs and it said to stand on it to pop it back the way it was as the spokes should still have the right tension to hold it once it popped back. Tried it when the boy pringled his wheel and got it good enough to clear the frame but I had to undo the V brakes. Then got him to ride my bike back more carefully than he rode his own.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Afernoon Gimboids,

Working from home today while my car gets its air con fixed and some bloke comes round to sort out stuff out in the garden that I can't be arrised with. So it's coffee aplenty and whatever is in the fridge for lunch as wifey & ankle biter are out amusing themsleves (thankfully). And a bit of work...

Got a good pedal in this morning taking the long way back from the car repair place and may do the same when I come to pick it up. Any excuse.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]